 Ambassadors / 231
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:31:08 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

We are confident that you, the LEGO fans, will have more issues for us to add to this list. Please feel free to post them in this newsgroup.

Nelson Yrizarry
LEGO Ambassador

A new issue that I’ve noticed with the current new releases is that the instruction manuals are being used as filler to limit shifting in the boxes. Prior to the late-summer/early-fall ‘07 sets, the manual(s) were laid flat in the box, now they are rolled/bent and don’t lay flat.

A LEGO employee has informed me that the manuals are costly to produce, and as such, when manuals need to be replaced, they are replaced with electronic copies you can download from the LEGO site. If this truly is the new policy regarding manuals, why are they being rolled up, to minimize the jostling that occurs?

I would prefer smaller boxes and the contents of the boxes to be in decent condition.

I believe that it has been policy that the boxes need to be large enough to show a 1:1 scale model on the front of the box. Now that there is prevalent use of animated (Exo-Force/Bionicle) and enhanced (Star Wars) images and the new standard scaled minifig on top of boxes, can LEGO re-examine this policy? It should be cheaper from the production and shelf-space issues and it may reduce waste.

Just some additional throughts to what is already on the list.

-Remy