 Ambassadors / 229
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 05:19:40 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, John Patterson wrote:
   Don’t outsource customer service to India. Please do not outsource the making of the bricks to Antarctica. Bring out a new City Series called “The Other Side of the Tracks” to go with the Cafe Corner (Liquor Store, Adult Book Store, High rise public housing, Check Cashing Center and maybe a Pay Day Advance, and a Pawn Shop, Hooters.) These have always been on the top of my “If I owned Lego” list John P

What’s wrong with outsourcing to India?

It takes jobs away from the US. Often when I have had computer issues I could not understand the person I was talking to. Dell techs are in India now. I am sure that the people in India would not like to call customer support for something if it was outsourced to the US and the support people were taking in a second language with an American or Bristish accent. Just my preference, personally I like to keep the jobs in the US. And it is something like the clothing makers getting the same product from workers who make a dollar or less a day. Not really fair to them. At one time airline companies had prison inmates making the reservations. Real good idea, the inmates had nothing better to do and they would work for a few dollars a day. Then they discovered they were stealing the credit card information. John P