 Ambassadors / 203
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:15:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On 2007-07-30, Allister McLaren allistermclaren@optusnet.com.au wrote:

Not at all. I’m merely just speaking for myself. The ‘issue’ list supposedly represents fans concerns. I’m just pointing out that maybe not all fans, certainly not this one, share those concerns.

Of course not *all* fans share *all* the concerns. I assume(d) noone would have even expected a list with such criteria, since such a list would be clearly empty - for each and every concern I am quite positive there is a fair amount of people who are not interested in it. If everyone just said “Why should I care” in such cases, I don’t see how any progress could have been made. I am not saying that this list (or any other type of complaining/action) will *definitely* cause some progress, but it certainly can’t do any harm trying. Everyone understands that LEGO is just a big money-making machine, not our friend. This is just one of the ways to let them know how to get more satisfied customers and, consequently, to make more money. It is, of course, up to them to decide whether it is worthy.

So, if you don’t feel you share a concern, and it doesn’t harm you in any way if it is there, the easiest and best thing you can do is to skip over it. I personally do not have big issues with color inconsistencies, but I do know a lot of people who do, and I don’t intend shouting “Why should I care” or “Grow up”, since I do understand it *is* an issue. Maybe not to me personally, but I am aware that I am not the center of the universe.

   That said, I do think it’s weird, what with TLG’s well publicised financial problems, that they aren’t apparently interested in exploiting new markets. It always strikes me as odd when companies put deliberate barriers between their customers and their products. However, I bow to the company’s experience in these matters. Maybe there just isn’t sufficient demand in your country to make it profitable.

I doubt the demand is a problem, at least in this concrete case. In addition, it is not a completely new market, just with regards to S@H. They blame it on the Customs, but I don’t buy that argument for several reasons. level=”medium” A more realistic reason might be some kind of a non-competing deal with the local stores. /conspiracy_theory

   I’m not sure what the ambassadors can do about that.

Me neither, as well as regarding other concerns. But I won’t dismiss the posibility of things helping just because *I* might have doubts. If it helps, wonderful! If not, at least we know we have tried.

Cheers, Matija