 Ambassadors / 182
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:21:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.ambassadors, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, William R. Ward wrote:
   It’s absolutely GALLING that it was not on your issue list. And that your reaction is being brought to the forums *NOW*, to be *ADDED* to the list, really appalls me. It should have been #1 on the list ALL ALONG!!!!

That seems a bit harsh. As a non-trainhead (organizing our clubs first train show for September) I thought 9V was SAVED. The save9vtrains website has not been updated in months the last time I looked. The Hobby Train (K10183) set came out and has been marketed as a 9V set. I have seen no “9V trains are dead!” messages here on LUGNET.

I guess it is still a concern so thanks for making sure it stays on the agenda. Getting your nose out of joint is a bit much though.

I’m not sure you should see a lack of information from TLG as confirmation of anything... I certainly wouldn’t.

Tim

I have noticed, in the last six months or so, that retailers like TRU that used to carry things on their website like train motors and track, are no longer carrying train motors and track. First the items were marked ‘sold out’ or ‘not available online’ but recently they’ve disappeared from the websites entirely. A quick google search shows the only place to buy a new LEGO 9v train motor through retail is Shop at Home.

I’m not sure what it all means, but I’m sure it means something.

--Tony