 Ambassadors / 236
Re: official issues list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:09:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.ambassadors, John Patterson wrote:
Here is a question I came up with last night.  Since this program started has
Lego ever adopted any suggestion that was presented to the ambassadors?  Are
there any examples?
Also when the uproar about the switch in colors, Lego answered with "children in
test groups prefered the new colors."  Let's see, a 10 year old saying "I won't
buy that becasue I do not like that gray color."  Or " I just have to have that
set because the RedBrown color is so beautiful."  While most of us adults were
unhappy because we had tons of elements in the old colors.
John P

Yes, the LEGO Company has adopted quite a few ideas based on Ambassador
suggestions and through feedback from the community brought forward by the
Ambassadors.  I'll share a few for you:

Cafe Corner - the concept was based on a presentation made by the Ambassadors in
either the first or second cycle about the concept of modular buildings.  This
helped push forward the concept and led to the idea becoming a reality.

Castle/Mars Mission - There were Ambassadors involved in these projects over 2
years ago.  Some of their ideas were used and some not.  Over time many
Ambassadors have had the opportunity to go to Billund and work with design
teams.

Market Street - is one such example of an Ambassador (Eric Brok) being invited
to Billund to work with Designers on various themes.

Eiffel Tower - was based on a survey that the Ambassadors did in the community.
The LEGO company gave a few choices, but the Eiffel Tower was written in
numerous times and requested by lots of Ambassadors so it won out over the
original choices.

Quality - Ambassadors are part of a chain of people who help bring constant
quality control feedback to us which makes it easier for us to consolidate and
give the feedback to the correct people.

There are lots of things in addition to these that have or are going to happen
(many still in development).

Steve