 Space / 917
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 01:34:10 GMT

Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote:
Nonetheless, the modular stuff is structurally weaker, and UGLIER than that
which is designed as one.  I don't ever build modular stations, due to such
things.

But think about how you'd build a _real_ space station. Wouldn't a modular
design make sense?

I understand where you're coming from on the ugliness point. Modular designs
tend to look very functional and mechanical. (But that can have it's own
appeal too, can't it.)