 Space / 3

Subject:
Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:26:38 GMT

Hello all,
   Anyone ever made a large space station /space port?  I think it would be
fun to make a space port with some monrail tracks and large quarter domes and
possibly a landing pad.  Or a space station and with docking ports/airlocks.
Soon, when I get more pieces and my lego collection back, I hope to do
something like this, most likely using the unitron and/or explorians colors/
style.  Any ideas?  This is my first post to lugnet as I have lucked for so
long.

Robert

Re: Space stations?
   Anyone ever made a large space station /space port?

You might be interested in taking a look at Briport East:

   http://blah.math.tu-graz.ac.at/%7Ebri/lego/spaceport/

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --

Re: Space stations?
But, imagine someone building another space port, only with today's
minifigs and pieces.

Robert Petersen:

In lugnet.space, Robert Petersen writes:
Hello all,
  Anyone ever made a large space station /space port?  I think it would be
fun to make a space port with some monrail tracks and large quarter domes and
possibly a landing pad.  Or a space station and with docking ports/airlocks.
Soon, when I get more pieces and my lego collection back, I hope to do
something like this, most likely using the unitron and/or explorians colors/
style.  Any ideas?  This is my first post to lugnet as I have lucked for so
long.

You can check out the M3 modules I designed for Peregrin-Westar Intergalactic
that can combine to form stations, utilizing the J456 docking system, as well
as sections for ships. Each module usually has 2 working airlocks. There are a
variety of types listed, only 2 of which are displayed. LDraw instructs are
not available yet.

http://www.baylug.org/titan/pw/m3.htm

-Tom McD.
when replying, hollowed out spamcake globes make excellent halloween pumpkin
substitutes.

Re: Space stations?
[...]

I like the modularity of your design. I might have to "borrow" this design
and see if I can use it for anything of my own. :-)

One idea, although I am not the person to head this up, would be to create
a Datville for each major theme. Say a Spaceport where ship and vehicle
designs could be shared, or a Kingdom where castle designs are shared.

Any thoughts?

-Duane

Re: Space stations?