 Space / 889
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:20:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Duane:

My only argument for using the baseplates is to show off land-based
vehicles. If someone could figure out a decent way of doing so using
a space station theme, I would go with that. I find a modular system
much more appealing.

I think the most appropriate solution would be a "moon base"
and a "space station" as two different environments, but
most likely with lots of traffic between the two.

That works. How would we provide continuity between the two? Story-wise
I mean. Would we have a page dedicated to each environment?

Could we expand the modular design to include baseplates? Instead of a
module that is 6 wide X 16 long, we could go with a standard 32 X 32.
That might allow for vehicles to be included on the station.

I don't really think typical space vehicles belong on a
space station (it's more golf car like vehicles you expect
there).

True. It makes sense when you say it that way.

Do you mean a cart like here:
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Creek/1006/cart.html

How about "Station Deep Brick"? Naw, too Star Trek-ish.

"Deep Brick" is okay for a ground base that started out as
an underground outpost. I wouldn't mind stationing some
ground vehicles at the Deep Brick outpost.

Play well,

Jacob

-Duane

Here's an idea:  Remember Lando Calrissian's Cloud City on Bespin?  Something
like that might look cool...