 Space / 65
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:07:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
Have you tried using a 2 x 1 x 1 panel instead of the 1 x 1 w/ headlight
and tile design? I vaguely (sp) remember using this design once, but don't
remember if I had a sticking problem or not. The door is sandwiched between
the panel side and a brick. The door slides on the tile-like surface of the
panel. If my verbal description is unclear, let me know, I'll whip something
up in LDraw.

It does stick a bit. The M3 uses the 1x2x1 panel you're talking about to
secure the slide door at the top and bottom. Don't bother with LDraw unless
you want to, cuz it's downloadable from my M3 page.

Tonite and tommorrow I'm going to play with the new slide door design I'm
thinking of, and I'll get back to y'all about its good and bad points as soon
as I can.

BTW Duane (if I haven't missed it), do we ever get to see your minifig cryo-
chambers that you made? :-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, throwing spamcake from a moving vehicle is illegal in Wyoming.