 Space / 51
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:49:36 GMT

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com> writes:
I've noticed that, even with a 4-pin docking support that the M3 has,
other craft of significant length and weight (say another M3), will pull • out
if unsupported, though the walls around the docking port of each module
survived okay. The real strength (and this could be true IRL) would be • how the
modules would be arranged, that is, using other modules to build a • stable
physical matrix, perhaps a cube or something similar, so that no one
connection is supporting all the mass.

If this is a space station, gravity isn't necessarily a concern.
Connections could be weak if the station was assembled in orbit and
stayed in orbit.
--Bram