 Space / 983
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:27:23 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.space, Christopher Tracey writes:

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:
P.S. I remember a traveling LEGO show, when I was 10 or 12, (1985-1987).
It had a bunch of LEGO creations from space, like the Apollo capsule,
and they had an awesome space station / colony thing. It must have been
at least 8 or 10 feet in diameter, with tons of minifigs around. Does
anybody remember this?

Was it the big white/transblue one that spun around a central axis?
It had cut outs on the side where you could look in and see scores of
minifigs working on computers and such.

Right next to it they had a modular land base that had a space train
that ran on 12V track with a Solar Power Transporter beneath it.

Maybe, it has been so long. I think they had those 45D 1x4x5 white
angled windows, perhaps. Ugh, bad memory!

This was the first LEGO show I ever saw, I remember trying to build
the rotating station but I was dismayed by the number of bricks it took.

Someone on lugnet has a few pictures, can't find the link now though

That spacestation (and the accompanying show) went through here many moons
ago, and one of the few pieces of Lego nostalgia I have is the guide booklet
from the tour.  IIRC, the theme of the show was inventions, and so forth.
Would people be interested in scans?

I would like to see them, maybe I can stir up the old memory banks!

Scott S.