 Space / 64
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:57:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:57:42 GMT, "Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM>
wrote:

I haven't built a fully working model yet, but have played with the mating
slopes on either side of the door. I found that to get a good mate between
the two sides, the female portion must be one plate taller than the male. In
doing so, the alignment of the hole/pin is thrown off by 1/2 a plate.

Oops.  Erg.  This is not easily resolved.  Drat.  The indented/extended
portions could be changed to use bricks and tiles, instead of slopes.  Or
we could keep the surfaces flat, like the M3 port.

Steve

My vote is for the flat faced design. It generally takes up less room and
(I think) is easier to incorporate into a design.

Have you tried using a 2 x 1 x 1 panel instead of the 1 x 1 w/ headlight
and tile design? I vaguely (sp) remember using this design once, but don't
remember if I had a sticking problem or not. The door is sandwiched between
the panel side and a brick. The door slides on the tile-like surface of the
panel. If my verbal description is unclear, let me know, I'll whip something
up in LDraw.

-Duane