 Space / 887
Re: Space stations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
Wow, awesome! monorail tracks, quarter domes...... I´d like the Futuron
color scheme better, with lots of hinges, snap-together units, and minifigs.
I can imagine a really huge spaceport with futuron ships taking off,
Blacktron I vehicles being repaired, and Classic Space ships patrolling the
borders.........

--Tobias

I can imagine the Blacktron ships bustin' out some warfare [what else would
Blacktron think of at the sight of a Futuron spaceport?]  What a cool scenario.
Maybe I should build it...

Hello all,
  Anyone ever made a large space station /space port?  I think it would be
fun to make a space port with some monrail tracks and large quarter domes • and
possibly a landing pad.  Or a space station and with docking • ports/airlocks.
Soon, when I get more pieces and my lego collection back, I hope to do
something like this, most likely using the unitron and/or explorians • colors/
style.  Any ideas?  This is my first post to lugnet as I have lucked for so
long.

Robert

I'm more of a spaceship builder.  Battlecarriers are my ships of choice,
however, so I nonetheless know plenty about docking bays and such.  I just
build a huge fighter bay, and next to it I place a launch/landing bay.  The
launch/landing bay is covered by sliding doors, usually.  However, I also
sometimes will just have an opening, with no door.  So, I just heavily armor
the interior of the bay, to protect it from clumsy starfighter pilots and
various weapons.  Such precautions are necessary, when there's no door to
close.

This is such a cool thread. Let's keep it up!