 Space / 890
Re: awfully quiet here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:23:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
That's a pretty cool design concept.  I can't wait to see how it works
out -- your modules are nearly as big in themselves as the capital ship I'm
building right now. :)  With that design, your ship could be anything from a
luxury vacation cruiser to a warship to a freighter.

One comment about the cryogenic transport module -- I was thinking the other
day that the rounded Star Wars cockpit windshields (Naboo fighter & A-Wing)
would make perfect cryo chambers, either lying down or upright.

--

Paul Davidson

You've got the concept down pat. My idea was to regenerate the configuration
several times to build an entire navy - with only one main model to build.

Excellent suggestion! But where would I (or anyone) get the 64 needed to make
a proper show of it? I have 4 or 5 Naboo fighters - no A-wings yet - and I
can't imagine spending the kind of money needed to get the number up to 64 (or
384 - needed in the case of a colonization ship - with 6 cryo modules and 2
cargo modules). However, I would be happy to accept donations :-).

Realistically, though, I plan to do more of a wall chamber thing where the
"bodies" would be stacked up and accessed by a robotic arm or something like
that. I think it'll be more like the cargo module - enclosed, with no inner
walls. The cargo module will hold cargo units snapped in with technic clips -
maybe the cryo modules are just smaller cargo units.

Wayne