 Space / 891
Re: awfully quiet here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:54:49 GMT

One comment about the cryogenic transport module -- I was thinking the • other
day that the rounded Star Wars cockpit windshields (Naboo fighter & • A-Wing)
would make perfect cryo chambers, either lying down or upright.

Excellent suggestion! But where would I (or anyone) get the 64 needed to • make
a proper show of it? I have 4 or 5 Naboo fighters - no A-wings yet - and I
can't imagine spending the kind of money needed to get the number up to 64 • (or
384 - needed in the case of a colonization ship - with 6 cryo modules and • 2
cargo modules). However, I would be happy to accept donations :-).

Baylit (http://home.att.net/~baylit/) sells these individually for $3 each
... their stock of them isn't that big yet, though.

Realistically, though, I plan to do more of a wall chamber thing where the
"bodies" would be stacked up and accessed by a robotic arm or something • like
that. I think it'll be more like the cargo module - enclosed, with no • inner
walls. The cargo module will hold cargo units snapped in with technic • clips -
maybe the cryo modules are just smaller cargo units.

That's a cool idea...I like the robotic arm.  It would be cool to have it
mounted on some kind of suspended rail running the length of the module.

Paul Davidson