 Znap / *157 (-100)
  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

3591 does not contain any flex shafts. 3552 and 3571 should each contain two. Dennis (...) -- Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday. Good News: You get the day off. (remove .NO and SPAM. to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

"Miles Gentry" <gentrym@gte.net> wrote in message news:Fy128y.Gz6@lugnet.com... (...) while (...) not (...) Good (...) Get (...) on (...) "clearance" (...) I didn't find a flexible drive shaft in this set. Can anyone confirm that it should be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Znap popularity?

I would like to offer evidence supporting what you said. On the znap set I bout in Livonia MI there is a sticker in like 7 languages. unusual for us legos. the box was also very dusty with a sawdust like dust. "Philip Ogston" (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

TRU in Fresh Pond Shopping Mall (Alewife, MA) had the larger sets (as of yesterday), i.e. #3591, #3552 and #3571 as well as some 3581 Formula Z Car in Storage Box (no motor). I bought a few, but left many (at least 20 I guess). Note that TRU online (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) As of closing time Friday, the south San Jose store hadn't moved the sets or changed the shelf tags. The "self-service" scanners came up with "no price found", but the registers had the clearance prices for the two sets I bought. Ran (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Thursday July 20, 2000 6:00 PM the TRU pricer had marked all but 2 sets. None of the sets revealed prices at the bar code scanners available to shoppers, but did produce the sale prices at the check-out scanner. ZNAP sets did not occupy the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) My experience with Znap has been "mixed". Certainly, I couldn't've done my ferris wheel without those huge 1/8th-circle pieces. But I found it impossible to build a suitable support frame for it with Znap: the plastic is softer than Technic, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Do you know WHEN the mark-downs happened? I was at my local TRU this morning and looked at the Znap and there were no marked reductions. (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

Lego made ZNAP sets about years 1998-1999. Some pieces snap together while others fit with Technic pegs and axles. They make sturdy frames that do not pull apart during movement, especially useful for robotics. Looks like Lego will use TRU to unload (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Znap spotted in Sweden

Finns i Stockholm, Solna, också. Men motor har dessa ju inte. Jari (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.znap)

  Znap spotted in Sweden

...and this time I don't mistake K'nex for being Znap. *blush* Today, I found a bounch of 3505 Aeroplane for SEK 29.00 each (=US$ 3.25), and some 3554 Helicopter for SEK 69.00 each (=US$ 7.75). The find was at Ö&B in Örnsköldsvik, I bought two of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.znap)

  A trin station canopy

FYI All, I just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested... I posted some pics of a train station canopy made out of ZNAPs on BrickShelf at (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Who is the REAL Susan Williams? (Re: New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!))

(...) She isn't real -- she's just a pseudonym for Consumer Affairs. There is some speculation that Brad Justus isn't real either. :) [ -> lugnet.faq ] (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.znap, lugnet.faq)

  Who is the REAL Susan Williams? (Re: New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!))

This brings up a question many of us don't know the answer to: Who is Susan Williams? Is she real? Does anyone have a picture of her? Did she embrace the Dark Side to stay with TLG as long as she has? These and other arcane questions must be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  New Motor from Susan W. (was: Bad motor in ZNAP set!)

(...) Just checked the mail today and I found an apology letter with a new 9V motor form LEGO Consumer Affairs. The letter stated they were sorry learn that I had a bad motor, etc, etc and was it was hand signed by Susan Williams. I wonder if Susan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: What is Znap?

(...) Most impressive! So far all I've done with Znap is used it in Model building. I'm working on a mech (URL) also working on a racer for Mark Sandlin's space builder contest. It's actually finished, but I have no pics yet. I've been a bit too (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.znap)

  Re: What is Znap?

(...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  What is Znap?

Hello, I was wondering.What is Znap? I've heard the term used repeatedly on lugnet groups. Is Znap Lego? Is Znap a Lego lookalike? -==Sergio==-- (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

(...) we thought about it. We don't keep all the boxes anymore. WAY to many. We keep all the UFO, Castle, Adventures and I think the Ninja. I also keep all my Mindstorm & Train boxes. We have sorted most of our lego. In bins. I guess a shot of our (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote: ... (...) Your next letter needs a picture of yourself surrounded by those hundreds of Lego boxes. Perhaps it will reassure tptb at tlg that their error performance statistics aren't really that far off in your (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP set inventory maker - alpha testing

Would anyone like to try an alpha version of my ZNAP inventory maker? It requires Microsoft Excel version 8 or better to run. It is currently about 340K in size and contains my pictures of the principal Znap parts. I was working on an Access (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

(...) That correction fixes the placement of electrical cable from the wrong spot on the battery box. No one assembling the model involved would miss that for very long. (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

(...) I've got one of them for the TEchnic shuttle. It happens. I also got the same one you did in the Znap stuff. That black/yellow car. Makes a great train bridge... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Bad motor in ZNAP set!

(...) It happens... I've had three bad motors out of 14. Lego promptly replaces them. Though, it seems they do get upset at you if you use their service too much. Between my wife and I we've had about 13 replacements required. (3 were Lego shipping (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building Belle

Suffering cats, David! This is supercooled. I can't wait to see how it looks when Belle's finished. *smile* -Cheese (...) out, (...) Personally, (...) <snip!> (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Codename: Belle

(...) Perhaps Mini-me scale, yes (...) Most definitely-a finger drill perhaps. ;-) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Codename: Belle

(...) any of their light and sound drill things on it for effect? :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tom, new group for errors?

"R2" <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FvqJn8.A4L@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) these (...) I bought a 3571 at the weekend. When I opened it, I found TLC had included a photocopied correction sheet which corrected an error in the actual (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.znap)

  Building Belle

Belle is a labor of love for me to build. Ever since the Rock Raiders came out, they have been taking so much heat from the Lego community at large. Personally, I think it's the best color scheme (behind M-tron, of course). I decided that such a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Codename: Belle

To:M-tron Command The M-tron Commandos have discovered that the Rock Raiders are building a mech to combat the Overkill class mech. I only wish we had been able to get a picture of the whole thing, but it isn't completed yet. I pray it never is (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.underground, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Operation Belle (was Re: First Time Znapper)

(...) As a matter of fact, I have...I'll be posting pics later tonight. THe 'structure' that incorporates Rack Raiders, Znap, Technic, useless insectoid bits, and throwbot parts is actually a very large Mech. (Dwarfs my Mtron mech: Overkill) I'd (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  First Time Znapper

I just bought a Znap trial set to, uh, try it out, and I must say that Znap is certainly interesting... Znap reminds me of Constructs, but smaller, with holes that allow for connections with Technic pins. I wonder, aside from the fantastic train (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Bad motor in ZNAP set!

Just purchased another $20 ZNAP set with the 9V motor. And the motor doesn’t work and the shaft doesn’t rotate all it does is make a buzzing nose. Has anybody else had this problem with 9V motors, this is my second bad motor in two years. I guess (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) I don't know, buckets usually have two minifigs and polybags usually just have one... :-) :-) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) "gaggle"? Shouldn't the collective noun for Lego reps be something like "bucket"? (Although, for a group that small, "polybag" might be more appropriate...) Ran (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap Bridge questions

I have used 4 yellow/black rotating bit at the 4 corners to attach the sides to the bottom, and it can fold flat, also 4 purple bits in the middle to join the sides to the base. I also used 4 large triangular black pieces on the side at right angle (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

I guess I'll wander through a few more TRU's then. Thanks. -- ~mek~ (remove cc from atkincc to email me) Dean Husby wrote in message <392D7CCC.67494F61@a....bc.ca>... (...) they (...) CANADA (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

(...) The TRU here in BC had a whole wall of them. But had a sign stating that they were all there were and that they were not avail at all locations. Since TRU is a US company they get some stuff months before the other CANADA stores. Dean -- (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

I have bought a number of Znap sets from the TRU in Utica, NY. They are very well stocked! Haven't checked anywhere else in upstate NY, but you might try calling TRUs in US cities adjacent to the Canadian border to check for supplies. JB (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap Bridge questions

I've been looking at the bridge at Matt's Train Depot (URL) built the side pieces but cannot figure out how he attached both sides to each other and the track? Any insights would be valuable. Thanks Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

What store did you buy your Znaps in? I've tried Zellers, The Bay, Wal-Mart, and TRU here in Toronto. -- ~mek~ (remove cc from atkincc to email me) Dean Husby wrote in message <392C611F.F710D1A2@a....bc.ca>... (...) Great (...) out of (...) Bridges? (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!

(...) Sadly YES. I just bough the yellow/black car. Motor + Wire + 9 Volt Box. Great deal for $30 CDN! The two flex axles are GREAT! I plan on making a bridge out of the black parts. Any URL's with pics and maybe building instructions for Bridges? (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Toronto, Ontario Canada

Ah ha, you're not from around there are ye? Anyway, I drove down there without looking in the telephone book to confirm and paid the price. :) The store is actually at Younge and Eglinton, And to make it worse they didn't have any Znaps. :( -- ~mek~ (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Since there are no 2000 Znap sets, I wouldn't hold my breath for service packs. However, some sets have more bumble bees (yellow/black hinged connectors) than others. For just useful pieces, I've found the best source for black pieces (beams (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) with (...) The trouble is you only get a couple per set! They are certainly handy pieces though. I wonder when Znap service packs will become available ;) JB (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) How about the yellow and black "swivel connector"? It's a yellow 1-beam, with knobs at each end, and two black rings wrapped around the middle, with a knob on each ring. The rings can rotate independently, positioning the two knobs anywhere (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Besides the other responses, this information might help: (URL) McC/ (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Which set to buy?

I've bought a number of copies of several of the larger sets: 3551, 3552, 3571, 3591 as well as dozens of the smaller ones. I haven't done a part analysis, but it seems like I get proportionally more straight beams in the larger sets. I'd recommend (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Which set to buy?

It's time for me to buy more $2 of Znap. I just want a lot of straight beams and connectors. Does anybody want to recommend a set out of those currently available at TRU? (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP as framework (was ZNAP at GR TRU!)

After a few observation sessions at the 383 Madison Av building site (that's in New York where my company is building anew) I have decided to try just a cubic lattice. No triangular beam thingies, and I don't yet know what a Znap "panel" is that (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) I DID! Or at least that was the start of this whole exercise, I went basement shopping and happened to find a nice one with a nice house attached too. (...) I knew it was going up for sale but not how much, what WAS the price (the more, the (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP as framework (was ZNAP at GR TRU!)

Thanks for the report! I hadn't thought of flexibility as an advantage. Now that you bring it up, it could be really cool, because it's another fact of life in a big city that will become exaggerated in the model. Except that instead of a 100-story (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Have you ever thought that maybe you need to get a house with a bigger basement? <gdr> In totally non-related news, I noticed in Sunday's GR Press that the Big White Cube at the end of your street has gone up for sale. I was staggered at the (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP as framework (was ZNAP at GR TRU!)

I'm building ZNAP choo-choo bridges as well. One is 6 feet long and carries two levels of trains, so I have some feel for how ZNAP would extend to large-scale construction frames. ZNAP is softer than TECHNIC beams; it flexes a lot more, which has (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Not yet, just test assemblies. Too much stuff in my basement to work on anythihg serious. (...) I don't know for sure. Preliminary tests are good. Big problem I see is the change in direction challenge. Assuming you're using the ZNAP parts in (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Other than bridges for your choo-choo, have you built any large structures incorporating ZNAP pieces? I see there's a message (maybe a thread by now) about using ZNAP for structural frameworks on buildings, but no positive conclusion. I'm (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Toronto, Ontario Canada

When did they build a TRU there? -- ~mek~ (remove cc from atkincc to email me) Greg Vander Mark wrote in message ... (...) All (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Toronto, Ontario Canada

(...) Try the TRU at Young(sp?) and Dundas. If what I suspect really happened, All the TRU's have started carrying Znap stuff. (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Toronto, Ontario Canada

Is Znap available around here some where? -- ~mek~ (remove cc from atkincc to email me) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap with bricks, for tall buildings

Hi, Znap came to a nearby TRU so I bought the 3510 polybag to check it out. I wonder about using Znap for a skyscraper skeleton. Does anybody have a working scheme for this? Below are some of my thoughts so far. Why do it? Load-bearing brick walls (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Wow, thanks. 1K? that's impressive. (...) Like what? How well does it work with other lego parts, and how does it look when they're mixed? Jeremiah (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) That's because I bought over USD 1K of it and TRU restocks based on what sells... you're welcome. (...) Gee I hope so :-) Seriously, my kids love it. And I see a lot of possibilities with it ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP at GR TRU!

The TRU on 28th just rearrranged the Lego department, and they've got more Znap stuff than I saw in Europe! BTW, does anyone know if this stuff is any good? (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: sets 3503 & 3504

(...) Your request is quite easy here on lugnet.... (URL) 3504) Results: 3503: Mini-sonic, 22pcs, 1998 (no price listed) 3504: Hook-truck, 32pcs, 1998 (no price listed) Dave (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  sets 3503 & 3504

what is the name and the piece count of these sets? many thanks! (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap set 3510

Well, I went back to TRU today and bought another Znap set. Although the sign said the promotion was still going, the checkout girl did not have any of the 3510s. Sorry, Christian. John C. (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: trivia- parts bags smooth

(...) Some of my ZNAP sets had perforated bags. Most of them didn't however. There's nothing new about non-perforated bags, though. LEGO seems to randomly use them in some sets. In recent years I've seen about a 50/50 mix in perforated vs. (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap set 3510

Oh, so it's even a kind of promotional set then. Anybody who can help me getting it, I don't think it's available here in Germany. Just contact me. Thanks, Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow... ---...--- The World is full of (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap set 3510

I received this set free at TRU when I bought a 3591. It's a polybag set. I didn't see it on the shelves, but the girl at checkout pulled it out from under her counter and gave it to me. as evah, John C. (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap set 3510

Hi all, I have seen a small LEGO Znap set on Pause db: (URL) anyone tell me where it comes from; is it still available?? Thanks. Bye, Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow... ---...--- The World is full of AFOLs - (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: trivia- parts bags smooth

(...) Maybe that has something to do with it as well -- it would be easier to print images on a non-perforated bag, so make all the bags (printed or not) non- perforated. --daveL Is there a pamphlets and packaging discussion group? Or just .general? (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: trivia- parts bags smooth

(...) In Australia, more and more bags in sets are coming non-perforated and we get our supply from Europe. I collect a lot of themes and the proportion gets more and more. I'd say it's a cost-cutting idea, since surely not doing somethimg to a (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  trivia- parts bags smooth

I built w/znap for the first time Sun.- set 3551 ( the bird on p28 of instructions). I like it even though , well, maybe because, it is sort of strange. Even the bags the parts were packaged in were different. They were smooth - no little holes. I (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Piece count of some sets

(...) This is an UN-official hand-counting. Ok, here's how I'll rephrase it then: Since there appears to be no "official" piece count of this and a few other items in the ZNAP line-up, I've counted what is in the box for 3520, and found 39 pieces (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Piece count of some sets

(...) Richard, is this piece count an official count from the box or from a LEGO catalog or is it an unofficial hand-counting? --Todd (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Piece count of some sets

I was hoping for more information for this, so perhaps I'll updated it again this weekend. (6-7 May) 3520- 39 pcs Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want to...) Card carrying (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Review of my Znap experience

If you're interested in one way to connect LEGO bricks / beams with (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.general)

  Review of my Znap experience

This message contains a review of my experience with Znap as well as some thoughts on the meaning of "Lego". I bought 4 Znap sets: 3551 $10 3552 $20 3571 $20 3591 $30 I built one model from each of the sets, I modified a couple of the models to see (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) As you've probably surmised by now, there is no one answer. But I ran into a gaggle of Lego reps at the Redwood City TRU recently (there were about six of them) and they pronounce it the last way you describe: `blend the "Z" into the "nap" for (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP Parts

(...) Hmm. Actually, the cross-section of a ZNAP beam is the same size as one of the newer Technic smooth-beams, or just slightly smaller than the standard stud-pitch. (...) This double-stud spacing c/should be considered the unit dimension of LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: my recent ZNAP purchase

(...) oops, I swapped the prices on those two while typing them in. The 3571 was $20 I was able to find almost all the ZNAP I didn't already have at another TRU on saturday.. As far as I can tell, I'm missing only 4 ZNAP sets now :) (3551, 3505, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: my recent ZNAP purchase

(...) You might check your receipt, Tim. I think the 3591 was at $30. I don't know about the 3571, but the 3581 went for the $20 level at my TRU purchase. I found some "regular" technic to double on the sale offer, making sure to get like-priced (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP Parts

(...) Bill, Although your measurements about the beams are technically correct, from the way ZNAP works, all of the units need to be as if they were Technic beams. E.g. the 1x7 beam (based on your hole count method)is really compatible with (the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: I love the flex axle, I have a question

(...) There are two flex axles in the black race car w/yellow wheels (3571?) and two in the green hover plane/helicopter (3551?). Wayne (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...

Dave Johann wrote in message ... I didn't have access to 3551- the dino jet. If (...) them. My TRU didn't have this set either. They had everything else, what gives? Has anyone in the states found this set? Rose (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.reviews)

  I love the flex axle, I have a question

My son opened his 3552 from the Easter Bunny. I love that flex axle!!!! Does anyone have a count of how many are included in any of the other sets? I am impressed with the Znap for the playability factor, you build it and it stays together, unlike (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP Parts

(...) That's because it is made with POM plastic like the mini-fig hands. It is harder and more flexable. This was all in the officel Lego site press release way back when. -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP Parts

I recently bought several ZNAP sets at the Albany, NY TRU. Here is a summary of the sets and parts. "Starter" Sets: 3501, 3502, 3503, 3504 "Medium" Sets: 3520, 3531, 3532 "Large Sets: 3551, 3552, 3571, 3581, 3591 Note: sets 3552, 3571, and 3591 come (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap popularity?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:37:56 GMT, "Philip Ogston" <ogstonpj@worldnet.att.net> wrote: *snip* Gonna throw in my two cents. My work got a bunch in, clearance price, plus the BOGO-50% sale. Anyway, just built one of the models, these things are cool. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...

(...) I can help out a bit here 3510- price $.97 -25 pieces (mostly red) This set converts from a car to a plane-not an easy feat for 25 pieces. The largest piece in this set is excellent in large quantities for creating strong display stands. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Znap popularity?

(...) My deal isn't nearly as enticing as those who will buy Znap from you motor- lovers, but I will be willing to trade for specific items. I'll post the list late tomorrow with the first pics of my Znap creations. Keep in mind that I didn't spend (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...

(...) Aye, they're great for a decorative touch in castles. Think a Roman Cathedral's interior roofwork. -Chris (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...

(...) I'd say Znap would make good parts for a space station. There are lots of truss-like pieces which would look good as the framework. (...) Not quite so easily - there are no studs in Znap. You need technic type friction pins or cross axles (the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap popularity?

(...) Good idea, I'd be willing to buy up surplus Znap parts from motor collectors, I'd even be willing to pay a little for it (or maybe trade some new motors?). I'd hate to see it all go to waste. My theory is that just about any construction toy, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) LEGO Denmark staff pronounces this one: skAH-lah (not SCALE-uh) -Suz (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) The "z" is not commonly used in Scandinavian languages. In fact, it only appears in some word "lent" from other languages. In these cases, there are no clear rules of pronunciations. In stead, each individual occurence of words with "z" in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) I've heard tell.. that a lego rep pronouced it skAY-la... so i've been saying it that way, though skAH-lah was easier to pronouce. (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...

Do the parts make for good spacefleet structures, or doorway arches for Castle? I don't have and Znap yet, can they be easily mounted to regular brick structures? What sets have the best useful parts (don't care for the main models...), and are the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Changing email address (was:Re: Znap popularity?)

In lugnet.znap, Wayne R. Hussey writes: <snip> (...) Hi Wayne! I'm just wondering why you aren't fixing your address in the lugnet header, instead of putting it in your sig. In case it's because you don't know how-- simply point your browser here: (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Znap popularity?

(...) Lego (...) The major problem with the "popularity" issue of Znap, is that it is limited to those who can see an immediate use for it. I put myself into that category and want more ;-). It is a specialized piece group. It is an extrapolation of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact