 Znap / 68
Re: Have not bought any yet, until tomorrow...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:41:20 GMT

3591 has 265 parts including a motor. ~$30 Good variety and quantity, but no
   flex shafts.
3571 has 143 parts including a motor and 2 flex shafts. ~$20 Good for quantity,
   but less variety than 3552.
3552 has 127 parts including a motor and 2 flex shafts. ~$20 Less parts than
   3571, but it has arches and other parts which 3571 lacks.

I haven't bought any of the non-motorized sets, but I suspect that they have
more parts to make up for the lack of motors.

I can help out a bit here
3510- price $.97 -25 pieces (mostly red) This set converts from a car to a
plane-not an easy feat for 25 pieces. The largest piece in this set is excellent
in large quantities for creating strong display stands. Purchase 3503 if you'd
rather have this piece in black. If you want cheap sets to bulk up on, it gets
no better than this. I've bought 10 so far and I won't be stopping until TRU's
sale is over.

3503- price $1.97 -22 pieces (red and black)-This is the mini-sonic set. It is
useful in pairs, as only a single copy of numerous pieces is included. This
would be the starter set for anyone wishing to add decorations to their castle/
space station. I purchased 2 of them and like them, but for the money, 2 3510s
makes a lot more sense (unless you are looking for the rounded front piece).

3532- price $2.97 -27 pieces (yellow and black)- The jet ski is the first set I
purchased simply due to the large yellow panels. I wasn't disappointed. This is
also a great set for the long black rod and the swivel connectors. The rounded
piece found in 3503 (in red) can be found here in black. Again, I purchased 2 of
these and like them. The only downside for me was the color (black and red is my
preference).

Other sets that showed promise were 3501-jet car and 3520-forklift. For large
sets, the 3571 Blackmobile with motor appeared useful to me due to the
quantaties of black pieces. I didn't have access to 3551- the dino jet. If
anyone has access to this, I would like to work out a trade deal for 2 of them.