 Znap / 64
Re: Znap popularity?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:00:20 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Wayne R. Hussey writes:
For all of those people buying the sets for the motors only, send me the rest
of the pieces ;-)!!! My girlfriend will thank you as I reduce my spending on
them.

Good idea, I'd be willing to buy up surplus Znap parts from motor collectors,
I'd even be willing to pay a little for it (or maybe trade some new motors?).
I'd hate to see it all go to waste.  My theory is that just about any
construction toy, including Znap, can be fun and usefuly if you can collect
enough parts.  Of course, that's only true if the parts are fairly well made.

For instance, K'nex isn't that exciting if you only have a few hundred pieces,
because there's not much you can do.  But once you collect, say, 20,000 pieces,
you can build customized furniture.  You just need enough parts to make all
sorts of interesting truss structures.

After all, carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen atoms are pretty dull if you
only have a few hundred.  But with enough of them and a few trace elements...

-Phil (contains approx. 10^27 pieces)