 Znap / 45
Re: Znap popularity?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:49:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Philip Ogston" <ogstonpj@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:Ft8KB8.HA2@lugnet.com...

I'm just curious: What do people forsee for the future of Znap in the US?
Here's what I know based on observation, rumor and innuendo... • <snip>
Now all this Znap pops up in ToysauRUses (at least in Kalamazoo, MI, • Florida
and a few other places) at the same discounted prices that they have been
recently in Europe.  And there's tons of it. • <snip>
Any thoughts?  Where did it come from?  Why is it here?  What will we do • with
it?  Will it stick around, or is it destined to turn up in Japan and • Australia
in another couple of years?  Why do my thumbs hurt so much and why is my • dog
making that funny choking noise? (just kidding, I know why - it's canine
emphysema, he smokes 3 packs a day)
Here goes my $0.015...
    The product appears to have all of the earmarks of european sets.  It is
probably here to move it without melting it down and making second rate G.I
Joe figures out of it.  We (alot of we) will buy it for the cheap technic
motors and sell them to recoup some of the cost. I think they may sell it
all here.  Not just to us, but to parents that see such low prices on boxes
marked "Lego" and just "gotta have it".  Is the US "popularity" of Znap
going to save it?  Only if they are thinking about cutting their price in
half.  If they were going to try to make it work here, the original prices
would have shown up on them, not 50% off.  Could you imagine what would
happen if they came out with a 2000 line at full price?  Nothing.

    Shave a sizeable spot on your dogs tummy and stick a patch on it.  His
smoking is out of hand!

---D M Garcia
http://www.geocities.com/dmglego/