 Znap / 62
Re: Pronunciation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:00:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:

Personally, I do try to adopt Danish pronunciations. Anyone correct
me if I'm wrong. (Especially a Dane if you're tuning in) But this is
my understanding.

The Danish pronunciation is NOT with an American "Zee". I would
suggest you think of it as spelled "TSNAP" or "SNAP".

The "z" is not commonly used in Scandinavian languages.  In fact, it
only appears in some word "lent" from other languages.  In these cases,
there are no clear rules of pronunciations.  In stead, each individual
occurence of words with "z" in them has its own rule of pronunciation,
normally matching the original source of the word.

Fredrik