 Znap / 56
Re: Pronunciation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:57:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Personally, I do try to adopt Danish pronunciations. Anyone correct me if
I'm wrong. (Especially a Dane if you're tuning in) But this is my understanding.

The Danish pronunciation is NOT with an American "Zee". I would suggest
you think of it as spelled "TSNAP" or "SNAP".

An American LEGO employee I knew was disappointed that, "the graphic
designers of the logo made the S into a Z." I'm not sure if that's true.
But he did insist it was pronounced, "Snap." Perhaps as Todd says, it was
for legal reasons where the pronunciation wasn't so affected in other
countries... not sure.

I have an article here somewhere... will look to see what it says there.
Until then, you can argue aboutall those others, like:

BEE-lundt
skAH-lah
pahruh-DEEs-uh
tAEk-nick
LAY-goh
slEEzuh

etc.

;-)

-Suz

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.znap, Nick Goetz writes:
I am just clueless on this one. What is the right way to pronounce "Znap" • [...]
Suzanne said that LEGO pronounces it "snap" (as in "snap together").

I think the Z is there in place of a would-be S for trademark reasons.

--Todd

--
"Apple chief executive Steve Jobs says OS X's main design goal was for
users to want to lick the screen"   C|net