 Znap / 108
Re: ZNAP as framework (was ZNAP at GR TRU!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 05:29:25 GMT

After a few observation sessions at the 383 Madison Av building site (that's in
New York where my company is building anew) I have decided to try just a cubic
lattice. No triangular beam thingies, and I don't yet know what a Znap "panel"
is that Larry referred to. The triangular shapes were suggested to me by some of
the internal girders I saw being put up last winter and I now realize they don't
belong on the exterior frame.

I thought about cutting 2 beads off the purple thing to make a corner but that
still protrudes.

So, sticking a gray thing into a beam thing at a right angle, I make a corner.
The connector protests a little at such an angle. Is this orthodox? Proceeding
around in a rectangle, I will insert purple things at regular intervals to join
this level to the others above and below. Therefore, the exterior will have no
support on the corners, but plenty of vertical support members along the sides.
And that's how it is in my 383 Madison building....

Yeah right, 383 Madison is an *octagon*...