 Castle / 12300 (+100)
  New Lego Story in the works, check it out!

Hello, castle fans! After some discretion and countless work, I have finally came up with my Lego storyline, which will be castle themed. The story, called "The Draken Chronicles", which takes place in the near future, kicks off in a post modern (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) I'd like to echo Pawel's reply, this is definately some of your best work to date. The pictures are very impressive, and the story is well written. I look forward to seeing the site expand. --Anthony (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) I drew alot of inspiration from the book of Genesis and J.R.R. Tolkein's The Silmarillion when first writing these 'creation' shapters. I think the entire idea of, as well as the introduction to a world alive with so much history and mythology (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx Anthony! I'd almost lost the reason why I even attempt all this "Velaria" stuff, and then I took a long hard look at everyone else's stuff in .Castle. I realized that it's all about what any one of us can contribute to the others, be it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: another forest setting

Looks nice Adam, but what concerns me is the proximity of the giant furry beast in the background of this pic... (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Very nice work. One question, if you don't mind...How did you do the mullion detail in your Hidden Fortress? I don't recognize these as any Lego parts I've ever seen, but they look extremely professional. (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx for the kind words Alex! The windows of the Hidden fortress are crafted by the Dwarves themselves, so divulging information on their hand-craft is against the craftsmen's code. LOL. But seriously, in the Lord of the Rings set "The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) If only... (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Wars !

(...) The entire rulebook is very extensive in the way of wargames, but can easily be slimmed down, and is in fact encouraged by author Rayhawk IN the rule book. Start simple and add from there the rules you think are fun. And in Tech Level 3 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

a great first chapter and new site! amazingly well done! I really enjoyed your style of writing, and the ratio of words-to-pictures. i eagerly await more! -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002

(...) Hey, and that looks like a gray Bat Helm. (URL) the most exciting castle piece, for sure, but whaddya do? (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx alot Lenny! I put alot of work into it, so I'm glad you liked it! Plenty more is on the way! -Jay (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  medieval village book?

I've spent the better part of my evening trying to find a book with good pictures of houses from the medieval period. I'd like primarily pre-Tudor style (cerca 1000, rather than cerca 1500), and also an emphasis on peasant and burgher houses rather (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Not long now...

My friends, I know it's been awhile... Due to extenuating circumstances, the guest author for the Chonicles of Ikros' chapter 24 is unable to do his part, and I was forced to choose another. However, we are now on track and expect an update within a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

Hi Lenny, Just the other day I was noticing the same thing: That most Lego MOC Castle Villages focus on the Tudor style, as does the Guarden Inn. If I recall correctly, such a style was not popular until late in the middle ages, and even then not (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  mini-figs

I thought I would add my muster to the others. I currently have: CASTLE: King Leo 80 Dragons 79 'plate' 77 Crossed Axes 72 Lions (old style) 62 Bats 56 Falcons 46 'scale' 41 Forestmen 34 Bulls 30 Wolfs & Peasants 26 TOTAL: 603 NINJA: Blue Samurai (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) I think you're right, the Tudor period itself was actually the period immediately after the middle ages (in England). I generally find myself building in a late medieval style anyway (as I think most of us do whether by chance or design), the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

Wattle & Daub architechure is older than one might think, some believe back as far as the 1100s. The process merely consists of mud being placed around a wooden skeleton/frame. The roof was made of thatch/grass/twigs. Not really that advanced. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle wars: teach us, quick!

Hi there! The subject line pretty much says it all: we, the portuguese luggies, will have our first gathering in mid-March; there will be some castles and "castle-heads" among us, so we thought it might be interesting to set up a small "war". The (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) There are a couple of different ways you can go. There is a link to Mike Rayhawk's Brikwars on the web interface at Lugnet.fun.gaming. James Brown has also written some cool rules for castle wars. You can make them simpler or more complicated (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: medieval villages

Heheh. I like the "FunFact", Kyle... Just did a quick search on the Web for "wattle and daub", and two sites that might interest people are: -Reconstruction of 2-story cottage with photos of building: (URL) info on peasant cottages, including (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) Lenny, you might want to give David Macualay's (sp?) _Castle_ a try. It focuses primarily on the construction of a castle, from meager beginnings to the glorious final result, through sketches. VERY awesome book. It has a lot of villiage (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

Need more factions? Want more minifig army diversity? Then try the Ikros shields stickers! Free for download today! (URL) you REALLY are interested, I can be talked into creating matching torso stickers. PLMKWYT! --Anthony (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) Sorry if this is ludicrously obvious, but what does "PLMKWYT" mean? Thanks the chinchilla (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) That would be Please Let Me Know What You Think. Surprisingly, it's not in Shiri's acronym database: (URL) it should be? Adrian (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

(...) Those are terrific looking. I have been working on a torso sticker printer, and those would be perfect to add to the customs section of it. It currently only does torsos, but release 2 will do shields and others. Its not ready yet but its (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not long now...

I have to say, I finally sat down and read the whole thing a couple weeks ago. Read half on Friday while sitting at work, and the next half on Sunday instead of doing homework :) I can't wait for more now! Some spoilers below, so don't go looking if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Sticker printer

(...) Steve, That looks neat. Will you be adding a feature to add custom torsos/shiels or will we have a database that is refreshed every once in a while, like the LDraw libraries? The second option is definitely my favorite, because it promotes (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

I've tried Brickwars once, and it was very fun, but in case you haven't figured out yet, it is also a very goofy, silly kind of game. If you are going for a more serious medieval strategy game, Brickwars may not be the way to go. Making your own (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

Great designs, Steve and Anthony. Anthony, I especially like the moose/elk design and the black bird on the red field. Some of the others do look more authentic, but those look more like something lego might put out, if that makes any sense. Steve, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

Jason, As I said when you previously posted the story, I really like the whole creation feel of it ((URL) And the pictures you've added really enhance the story. The pictures and story really give the feel of a pantheon of gods that rule your world. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

So true that most buildings depended on the resources/supplies in the area. Strange how that applies to us LEGO-builders as well. "Darn it! I ran out of 2x2 gray bricks!" *gets out the 2x2 gray corner bricks and 1x1 gray bricks* Thanks for the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) It's really rather hard to try and explain how a whole world and it's beliefs come about, and I didn't realize this til I started writing the first chapter. Suddenly everything down to the last minute detail must have been explained, and it (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sticker printer

(...) Yes, currently adding new torsos is as easy as adding new image files to a directory. If the files are the proper size then they will work in the printer. It scans the folder for .jpg files and fills a dynamic array of filenames. Currently (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros

snip (...) Yep, thats Brave Sir Robin. I am working on some of the other character's emblems. From the first time I saw the LEGO gold crown I thought it looked like Arthur's in Holy Grail. But LEGO themselves made a short scene from the movie. I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

(...) Great half-timber stuff, Kyle! Do you have any more pics of those elephants? -Marc Nelson Jr. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

Kyle, Looks great so far! ...I sure wish I had more of that style window, but as you say, we work with the resources we have... ;) ...The elephants look awesome too!! -H. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not long now...

(...) You mean Pawel right. That is bad I was looking foward to seeing Garalt in Blut Aider , But that is the way the ball bounces. Pawel has not put up an Elis and Blade comic In a long time. So seeing as it is olny about a week a way could you (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) i disagree about the 'realism' aspect of it. two reasons: 1. the problem with melee style fighting is that in real warfare you always have to plan about the future. 85% casuality rate is unheard of in real warfare, because you will probably (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: medieval villages

(...) panes? -- Pawel (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

Hey guys! Think the headline pretty much says it all. Check out the latest chapter of the Chronicles of Velaria! (URL) always, I love to know what you guys think! Catch you cats later, -Jay ("I always assumed that the voices I heard were the voice (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

(...) Wonderful! That first picture of chapter 2.... NICE shot. You have certainly turned your story into an epic, and in only two chapters. The writing of your story is superb, and frankly I'm rather jealous. Keep up the good work! --Anthony (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) Lessons well learned by King Pyrrhus when he defeated the Romans at too high a cost. I believe his own words were, "One more such victory and we are lost." (...) True again. Some of the more realistic strategy games I have seen focus on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(First of all, let me thank once again for everyone's replies; I have started to look at the rules, and hope to be at least somewhat comfortable with the game logic by the time our meeting takes place) (...) Yup, I know the story. The expression (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

(...) Thanx man! Such kind words! hehehe. I don't know how I'll ever live up to that review! -Jay (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

great stuff! when kazahad and hald fight, "fact to face" a typo. otherwise clean, and some great pictures. i love the blood on the blade when kazahad slays hald (sp). some great pics, the people at my work said "what are you looking at?!?!" keep it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: As I promised, the second illustrated chapter

(...) Thanx len! I peruse the whole durn thing, but my typo radar still seems to be off. Re: the blood, I'm glad it made people give a second look. Any exposure is good exposure :) -jay (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

Good points on realism. (...) Hope you ahve a great time! Starting out with not that many troops may be a good idea. In my experience a battle with two sides of 50 men each, can easily take as long as a game of monopoly. If one side is defending a (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) Thanks for posting that, some interstingreading there. I do appreciate Brad Justus taking the time to associate Lego Direct with the AFOL community and making it vlear he takes our views seriously. I guess we won't be seeing a new lego castle (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) Timber-Framed Buildings of England by R.J. Brown is a great book, although it is more focused on the late medieval period than you are looking for. It can probably be found in a big college library. It's also listed on Amazon (with a review by (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A half-timbered medieval house

As requested here are some more detailed pictures of *one* of my half-timbered houses: Outside Front - (URL) Back - (URL) - (URL) house was built so the lower level could act as a "shop", whereas the top and middle levels are the living quarters. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A half-timbered medieval house

(...) Could you post elephants with ldraw instructions so we all could build them? (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) With three more books expected, plus six more movies, plus the spectacular sales for the first line of Harry Potter stuff, we could be in for a LONG wait. Aaron D. (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Dalan" <adalan24@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:07 PM Subject: Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript (...) at (...) appreciate Brad (...) community (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A half-timbered medieval house

(...) Thanks, George (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A half-timbered medieval house

(...) together. (...) Looks great. Very good design. The house has a definite charm to it. (...) Teaser indeed. All of those buildings look great. I really like how you use 1x1 rounds to break up a grey wall. Between the elephants and the Jurassic (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A new Moc

(URL) between the house and the strong hold I figured Enough ground stuff for now so I did an air ship. It is a simple model but I like. It is call forest flyer. (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) Hey andy, The only time formal attire comes up in the books so far is the Fourth book: the goblet of fire. the students are asked to wear "formal robes" to commemorate the tri-wizard tournament, however the book explains these robes are just (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: The wonderful Blacksmith Shop: Open Letter to Dan

(...) Dan, My Blacksmith Shop arrived yesterday, and I just have to write and tell you how much I enjoyed building it. What a pleasure it was to watch all your beautiful details emerge from this model! There are so many things I like, so let me name (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A new Moc

thank you for sharing. the model is a little bit confusing on some levels. It seems to me that what make it an 'airship' is the ewok hang glider on top. is there something im missing? there seems to be a lot of 'borrowing' from the ewok attack set. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new Moc

(...) It seems to me that what (...) Well The catipult was just for defense but the glider acts also as an escape pod. The ship realy runs on a engine in the ship but I didnt get a pic of that. The glider helps it stay air born if the engine dies. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new Moc

(...) Is it really necessary to continue ripping on young Mr. Ravenda? It's not really his fault that he is unable to read and write properly, after all he is a product of the ideologically bankrupt public school system. Although it would be better (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) Well, there are all those ghosts. Maybe the headless hunt that Nearly Headless Nick was so keen on joining? In general, though, what is probably more likely is an assortment of characters that would be good for medieval towns. Bruce (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The wonderful Blacksmith Shop: Open Letter to Dan

I got mine yesterday, knew I was going to be very happy, right from seeing the beautiful box art (was expecting the half-disappointing black & white/gray "legends" style). Enjoyed putting it together - but the real seal of approval came from my 4 (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A half-timbered medieval house

Simply lovely. I like to second someone's request for the LDRAW files. Especially of all the buildings in your 'village' line (my personal favorite is the Hart Theatre). (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) Alright I am tired of hearing you guys moan about Harry potter. About a year or 2 ago a read on the lego sit that they are comeing out with a harry potter line. I also read they are olny makeing movies for the first 2 books. I was a bit sad (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Danny, you make some very good points. (...) I also have my doubts about just how well 7 whole HP movies can do. If the movies start to lose the public's interest, the lego HP line will likewise stop selling well. I don't think we will be seeing HP (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Daniel, ----- Original Message ----- From: "daniel ravenda" <vendezzz@aol.com> (...) quantity), (...) Nearly Headless (...) characters (...) <snip> Hmmm. I don't think either Bruce or myself were moaning about Harry Potter sets. I actually like them (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes: SNIP (...) While I'll agree with that, but some of the other torsos I like. For example Hermione... or however you spell the blasted thing, from Diagon Alley is wearing a blue turtle neck sweater, or at least (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new Moc

Daniel, I think that this is a good start to an air ship. but it needs some more work. most air ships have large wings or a baloon or magic levatating crystals or something to keep it afloat. check out some other creations on brickshelf to get some (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A new Moc

(...) As many have said to take the catipult of so have you. I trimmed it down and mad my own catipult. Maybe crystals could run the ship. Anthony's Idea with the stone was good. I am trying to do some interior detail like wilsons ships. He is the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) Well Andy the robes for the professers can be kings robes. The school uniform is nice I used one on catrina my minifig. (...) Hold the phone. Now Mom always tells me we all have our opinions , but the best set is clearl Hagrids Hut. You get (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

Good thread. History, Lego, and war. :) Thanks, Magnus, for the advice about starting with a smaller number of troops. I've mentioned designing a new Castle display throughout the year, and had considered planning a possible wargame using whatever (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  New Member

Hi all, I've been lurking on Lugnet for some time now, and finally got my membership put through. I have been working on a castle site of my own, which i hope to have finished (well, enough so to be worth looking at) this weekend or early next week. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Member

(...) Welcome William! I have to admit, as I was browsing through Brickshelf yesterday, I came across your pics, and I liked them alot! I was wondering just who they belonged to...but now I guess I know! I'm looking forward to seeing more! by the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  knights kingdom

hey everyone this first post here so dont bash me too much. well today i got the last set to complete my knights kingdom. i just love playing brickwars with the bulls on one side and the knights on the other side. im wondering what do u guys think (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The wonderful Blacksmith Shop: Open Letter to Dan

Hi Paul! Thanks for your kind words! I've actually had several arguments about the color scheme on this kit, both before and after it's release, and I'm glad I have someone on my side here! As for Lego making 20 more sets like this, you should write (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.trains)

  Re: knights kingdom

(...) Knights knigdom is actually an interesting expansion to the original royal knights. If you get a bunch of Royal Knights models, you could probably have a three way war. Knights v. Bulls v. Archers. (or maybe a four war war, depending on how (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: knights kingdom

(...) i give the castle to the knights and the seige machines to the bulls so its about an equal battle. some times i have some of my old minifigs take up arms and fight them both so its a three way battle sometimes. and for brikwars just go to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  First Collaborative Chapter Complete, and Ahead of Schedule!

My friends, Tamyra Teed, otherwise known as Mookie, and myself are proud to bring you the next chapter in the Chronicles of Ikros! This chapter is the first of three collaborative chapters scheduled for the Chronicles. And to commemorate my website (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: First Collaborative Chapter Complete, and Ahead of Schedule!

(...) It was just to cool. There were some mistakes while recreating the charects. Little things like a wrong shield a wrong weapon. The next chapter must be within the next 2 days maybe 3. I can't wait. I thought that you would do all 6 chapters at (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: knights kingdom

(...) Hmmm...interesting. I checked out Brikwars.com, and it looks awesome enough. However, I couldn't find anything much to correspond to a castle war, most of it seems to revolve around modern and futuristic battles. Although I have a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Collaborative Chapter Complete, and Ahead of Schedule!

great job Tamyra! how lucky we all are that while the crew didn't land in blut'ader, they did happen to be within a few days of formeathan's cave! great job with pictures, story telling and everything! It was great! as always, my heart yearns for (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Collaborative Chapter Complete, and Ahead of Schedule!

Anthony and Tamy, Absolutely amazing work! I'm a sucker for cross-over stories, especially if they're as well written and illustrated as this was! I'm insanely jealous, really ;). I'm more than happy with the results, especially since it was kind of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: First Collaborative Chapter Complete, and Ahead of Schedule!

Thanks! I have to admit, I had a great time doing this. Though Anthony deserves most of the credit, he did a great job editing the pictures to what we needed after I took them! For having very little time, I think it turned out very well. I'm just (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  William Lister's MOC Castle Stuff

Hello castle-heads, William Lister asked me to post his castle stuff for your viewing pleasure, since he didn't want to go through the email verification. Anyway, you can see his work here: (URL) got an unfinished Crusader town, a Bull Castle and a (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!

(...) I'm guessing that 100 men, two castles, plus a village should give you more than enough fun for a day. Have fun! Magnus (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

I'm afraid I agree with you I dont belive they will ever get round to making all seven books (people can point and jeer in years to come if Im wrong). Dealing with the childrens market fads like HP never last. look at Pokemon, Power Rangers, Turtles (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) There is a major difference between fads and HP. Namely the adults. Most adults dislike the fads. With HP half the fans are adults. At the very least the books will sell to the adults who are hooked. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Heraldry - help!

Hi all, Can anybody refer me a good site to look for info about heraldry? I mean, not those commercial "Find your family shield!" sites, rather those with actual dimensions and conventions for actual shields. Real life ones. My ultimate purpose is (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Wanted: Set No. 4709 hogwarts castle knights.

'Sup! Does anyone have any extra knights (complete and in excellent condition) from the No.4709 Hogwarts castle that they may want to sell or trade? I'll be needing a few of these knights for a current project of mine, so If anyone is interested in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Wanted: Set No. 4709 hogwarts castle knights.

the correct place for a post like this is in buy-sell-trade. although i know only castle-heads and hp peeps will be the one that will be interested, it really does belong in that subgroup. thanks -lenny (aka, self appointed lugnet police.. ugh) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) i don't agree. i think brad believes "HP is castle" in the retail sense, but obviously not. thus allowing Lego Direct to release the two best castle sets in a long time without fearing overlap in sales. It isn't the same relation when he says (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

i went on google.com and searched under "portuguese shield", and i found this. hopefully is what you need. (URL) hope this works. -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

By The Way - Heraldry actually has nothing to do with dimensions or conventions of shields. Heraldry is a system using the written word to describe a visual representation of a crest or coat of arms (the identifying insignia, be it personal or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Fair point about the books but the driving force behind HP is the hype. lots of very popular books do very well, but its the hype that translates into the childrens marketing market. As far as I know JKR has finished scribbling the last of the books (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) but they are too small to draw any good conclusiona about their measurements. (...) It's a start. Unfortunately, the measurements are the important part for an accurate rendition of the shield. :-( Pedro (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) Yes, you are right. I just read an e-mail sent by someone who knows about this, and there was a small explanation. According to that same e-mail, there isn't a single document where the shield is defined. Shameful for our legislators... so (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact