 Castle / 12349
Re: Castle wars: teach us, quick!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:37:08 GMT

Good points on realism.

In lugnet.castle, Pedro Silva writes:
I will accept those thoughts as very useful for future games.
But if we are simulating an assault to "the last stronghold", it is to
expect a very fierce resistance to attack by the defenders. Especially in
the context of the Crusades...
By what I could learn since yesterday from the rules, this will probably be
our storyline; we have very few castles and troops, so this appears to be a
more reasonable choice. My *personal* preference to a story would be the
conquest of Porto in 868, because the city was small at the time and the
armies involved were too... but then again, *I* will only be watching the
action. :-)

Hope you ahve a great time! Starting out with not that many troops may be a
good idea. In my experience a battle with two sides of 50 men each, can
easily take as long as a game of monopoly. If one side is defending a castle
of some sort they will be at a great advantage of course and should be
outnumbered significantly for it to be a "fair" battle. Real castles were
designed to beheld by very small forces (under 100 men was not so uncommon)
if need be, against a much larger enemy.

Magnus