 Castle / 12355
Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:29:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Dalan" <adalan24@yahoo.com>
To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
In lugnet.castle, Ahui Herrera writes:
Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session • at
Brickswest.  I have completed the transcript of this event.  You can
download the .pdf file from here.

-AHui Herrera

Thanks for posting that, some interstingreading there. I do • appreciate Brad
Justus taking the time to associate Lego Direct with the AFOL • community and
making it vlear he takes our views seriously.

I guess we won't be seeing a new lego castle line for a while now, • but it
seems clear that Lego is still eager to promote the line indirectly • through
the Blacksmith's shop and Guarded Inn etc. Does anyone know for sure • how
long the HP line will be on for?

Magnus

With three more books expected, plus six more movies, plus the • spectacular
sales for the first line of Harry Potter stuff, we could be in for a • LONG wait.

Aaron D.

This was my thought also...  Well, maybe we can keep our fingers crossed
for some nice generic castle type minifigs included in some of the sets,
but I can't think of any characters like that in the books.  Hmmm.

Maybe the Dementors could be good for something.  Maybe not, probably
just more large black hoods, like Darth Maul.

Any ideas what in the Harry Potter books could possibly give us some
soldier/knight type figs?  In a small set (to be purchased in quantity),
instead of just the one armored knight in the largest set, Hogwart's
Castle?

Is there any scene in the books where the characters are dressed in
formal attire in their house colors?  I'm thinking of a nice full chest
Slitheryn emblem on a minifig torso, to go with the new shield.

Oh, and thanks for the transcript, Ahui.  :-)

-Andy Lynch