 Castle / 12397
Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:34:47 GMT

Fair point about the books but the driving force behind HP is the hype. lots
of very popular books do very well, but its the hype that translates into
the childrens marketing market. As far as I know JKR has finished scribbling
the last of the books so they will come out, but whether the Films and the
merchandising (ie LEGO) continue strong is doubtful. Star Wars is a strong
brand and has a strong collectibles market. Whereas I know for a fact there
are lots of adults who buy the star wars LEGO sets, I doubt whether the same
can be said for HP, and so the adult readership of the books is going to
have very little impact on the marketing side.

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
I'm afraid I agree with you
I dont belive they will ever get round to making all seven books (people • can
point and jeer in years to come if Im wrong). Dealing with the childrens
market fads like HP never last. look at Pokemon, Power Rangers, Turtles • et
all.

There is a major difference between fads and HP.  Namely the adults.  Most
adults dislike the fads.  With HP half the fans are adults.  At the very • least
the books will sell to the adults who are hooked.

-Mike Petrucelli