 Castle / 12559
Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
Fair point about the books but the driving force behind HP is the hype. lots
of very popular books do very well, but its the hype that translates into
the childrens marketing market. As far as I know JKR has finished scribbling
the last of the books so they will come out, but whether the Films and the
merchandising (ie LEGO) continue strong is doubtful. Star Wars is a strong
brand and has a strong collectibles market. Whereas I know for a fact there
are lots of adults who buy the star wars LEGO sets, I doubt whether the same
can be said for HP, and so the adult readership of the books is going to
have very little impact on the marketing side.

--
James Stacey

I have to agree with you on that point...the HP line was geared for
children.  Yes, a lot of adults follow (including me) HP very closely.  Even
I am not that impressed with the HP Lego line, and I'm a major enthusiast of
it (read: Lego Freak).

I do like the one piece roof tops, all the tan pieces, the red train
windows... (lego should put out a red train window pack!!) the hair pieces
which I find very nice....(I absolutely LOVE Hermione's hair!!!)

Can't wait for Ginny's Minifig, along with the "Muggle Flying car" from the
Chamber of Secrets.  The HP sets out later this summer, Crabbe and Goyle,
Quidditch set are definitely nice also...

Benjamin Medinets