 Castle / 12302
Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Hey guys and gals,
Well, it took me a while, but I finally finished my new site. It's alot
cleaner and more streamlined than my last sites, and IMHO I think it came
out pretty darn good. Check it out!
http://velaria.8m.com/index.html

Jason,

The first chronicle is excellent!  I get a Bible-meets-Greek-Mythology
attitude from it (naturally with strong references made to Genesis, etc).
Very intriguing, and the writing style fits perfectly.

As far as your edits - I think that for what you are trying to do, they are
very well done.  The ratio of text to pictures works for me as well.

Overall good job!  This is probably your best work to date.

-- Pawel

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/

Thanx Pawel!
I drew alot of inspiration from the book of Genesis and J.R.R. Tolkein's The
Silmarillion when first writing these 'creation' shapters. I think the
entire idea of, as well as the introduction to a world alive with so much
history and mythology is best handled in the afore-mentioned books. I put
alot of heart into my storyline, and I've been disappointed by alot of my
previuos work. However, this is only the beginning! Alot more is on the way
from Velaria; there are seven more chapters to go before we return to the
present-day storyline of the Ten Crystal.
Stay tuned, and oh yeah... The bugs have been found and fixed on the site.

Catch you cats later,
-Jay
http://velaria.8m.com/