 Castle / 12334
Re: Sticker printer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:32:37 GMT

Steve,

That looks neat. Will you be adding a feature to add custom torsos/shiels or
will we have a database that is refreshed every once in a while, like the
LDraw libraries?

The second option is definitely my favorite, because it promotes sharing of
cool designs.

Rick.

Yes, currently adding new torsos is as easy as adding new image files to a
directory. If the files are the proper size then they will work in the
printer. It scans the folder for .jpg files and fills a dynamic array of
filenames. Currently this method works well, however if the number of images
gets really large, it might effect the running speed. If this does become a
problem then a database could be set up. Also the program can open a single
file to print.

The original vision for the project was to be able to print off most of the
torsos LEGO has come up with. I still like that idea, however it has been
pointed out that those are copyrighted. So now even though I like that idea
(so far I have about 100 torsos scanned), I hope the fan community will help
support it with custom designs. Because of the image rights the printer is
going to be free to all who are interested. And I am still going to include
the LEGO torsos.

What I hope to have happen is for people to send me their custom designs and
I will package them up in releasable quantities.

Steve