 Castle / 12335
Re: Shield Stickers straight from Ikros
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:41:32 GMT

snip
Steve, is that chicken on a white/white/green checkered field the coat of
arms of Sir Robin from Monty Python's Knights of Holy Grail?

Does anyone know of anyone who has recreated any historical coats of arms
for lego shields? The French gold lilys on the blue background and the
English King's gold lily's on a blue field quartered with the gold lions on
a red field, would look great, as would Bertrand du Guesclin's black two
headed eagle/hawk on a gold field.

Another cool idea would be to make variations on exiting lego factions. So
you could have a black falcon emblem quartered with a forestman's elk etc.

Magnus

Yep, thats Brave Sir Robin. I am working on some of the other character's
emblems. From the first time I saw the LEGO gold crown I thought it looked
like Arthur's in Holy Grail. But LEGO themselves made a short scene from the
movie. I believe it is on there site. Search the newsgroups here for a
specific link.

The only historical one I've made(yet) is my own family crest(McDonough).
And I'm working on variations of the lego factions.

Steve