 CAD / Development / 5268
Re: Who are 'ldraw.org'? (was: Parts license)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:17:05 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Would it be possible to write the 'license' so that there's a direct
agreement between contributors and users, and leave the vague 'ldraw.org'
out of the picture, except as caretaker of the library?  Basically, by
making a contribution, the author agrees to grant a license to all users,
with terms X, Y, and Z?

  I think that would be the best solution. IIRC, GPL doesn't have any
organizations mentioned (maybe they say something about the FSF), it's a
direct agreement between users and authors.

  Why don't we simply use GPL or LGPL ?

Leonardo