 CAD / Development / 5237
Re: Parts license
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:43:09 GMT

"Leonardo Zide" <leonardo@centroin.com.br> wrote in message
news:39CA2C31.7D06F32D@centroin.com.br...
Steve Bliss wrote:

- A person is free to use and redistribute the parts (a small fee may
be charged to cover media costs).
- If a person makes any changes to the files then this person must
publish his changes back to the community using the original license.

The basic question here is too big for a few people to decide; it • concerns
everyone who includes themselves in 'the group known as ldraw.org'.

  And who would that group be ? Only person who actually do some work
directly for ldraw.org or it includes everyone who contributed a part to
the library or a program ?

I don't have a ton of time to reply to comments on library distribution, but
here's a little clarification on what I see as Steve referring to 'the group
known as ldraw.org.'

I see it as the group of a few caretakers of LDraw, being Steve, Terry,
Jacob, and myself.  None of us have any official authority - but all of us
have taken on responsibilities to maintain this format in direct regards to
the website.

Parts authors are independent contributors to the libraries, and IMO haven't
had anything official to do with the _site_ and distribution, though their
contributions are definitely significant (its of a different nature).

There's no official organization of this group, and perhaps there should be
in the future of LCAD.  As to how to go about this, its pretty unclear, and
the opinion of the Jessimans' would probably be required.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne