 CAD / Development / 5241
Re: Who are 'ldraw.org'? (was: Parts license)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:19:23 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <BXL34@po.cwru.edu> wrote in message
Steve Bliss writes:
And what about people who write LDraw-related software?  Are they in or
out?  Hmm....

And what about people who have written tutorials and tend to answer lots • of
LDraw related questions...but have no "official" role in the site?
--Bram

Good one, Bram :-)

Serously, these are things to consider.  Since it appears some movements are
being made to 'package' LCAD more and become more organized, who or which
people lead from here?  How will we continue to relate to the IP of the
Jessimans' in the future?  How will we handle funds if/when we collect them
(CD-ROM, donations, etc)?  I don't think there are easy answers, and I can't
begin to try to answer these.  Can someone provide some suggestions as to
how this gets set up?

Personally, I don't want any more 'authority' than manager of the website -
I'm certainly not a programmer or knowledgable in all of the LCAD software.
I'll do my best to set the direction for the group as in goals, projects,
publicity, organization of resources - but any actual authoritative
leadership wouldn't be within my scope of things.

If there's to be one 'leader' - I'd probably give the title to Steve.  He's
the one who has been doing a lot of the brunt work (recently) with parts and
organization (licenses, etc too).  Terry has also been doing a lot of behind
the scenes work, but from what I understand, he wants to pull out from under
a lot of the obligation behind his LCAD work (correct me if I'm wrong).

I still want to be actively involved in representing LCAD and promoting it.
I think we do need to move in the direction of some more formalized system,
thohgh.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114