 CAD / Development / 5209
Re: Parts license
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:53:21 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:G11svz.4IH@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
[...]
Optional condition: The parts can only be used by free programs.
(don't know if this is really needed but I wouldn't mind it for my
parts)
[...]

Sounds interesting.  I would rather see it under something like Perl's
Artistic License than GPL, though.  How do you define "programs"?  And
the license should be careful not to preclude the possibility of LEGO • using
or interfacing with the parts somehow someday.

--Todd

Something to be considered.  I could give the Jessimans' an email soon (I
haven't heard from them in a while) and ask them about the parts that James
authored.  Otherwise, someone with experience in law might be good to draft
up a license for the parts.

I'll write myself a note to email them and get on it in the next day or so.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114
AIM: TimCourtne