 CAD / Development / 5226
Re: Parts license
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:40:19 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Part I. Definitions.

LIBRARY: the set of DAT files, distributed by ldraw.org, and labeled as
the 'LCAD Parts Library'.

WORK: A DAT file which is used to model LEGO-style elements in the LDraw CAD
system.

  Instead of DAT file wouldn't it be better to use something like "Parts
file" ? We might use a different format in the future.

Part II.  Ldraw.org Terms.

5. If ldraw.org permanently ceases to publish or distribute the Library, all
licenses to the works contained in the library will be revoked.

6. If ldraw.org permanently ceases to publish or distribute the Library, all
user licenses granted by ldraw.org will remain in effect.

  I found those 2 contraditory but it might be because english is not my
native language. Could you explain it better ?

Part III.  Contributor Terms.

2. Ldraw.org may decide to accept or reject any contributions.

7. Ldraw.org will include the work as part of the Library.

  I think 7 should be removed because of 2.

Leonardo