 CAD / Development / 5290
Re: Who are 'ldraw.org'? (was: Parts license)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:49:24 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I think that your view of ldraw.org should be called 'LCAD community'
because it includes people outside ldraw.org, while Tim's view would be
the correct definition of ldraw.org. That's the way I see things (but I
could be wrong) and this topic alone could start another long thread.

I don't think it's a matter of correct/incorrect/right/wrong.  It's a
matter of agreeing on the definition for 'ldraw.org'.  Or, it's a matter of
deciding the parameters for the perimeter of our group, and then deciding
on a name for that group.

  I thought there could be both ldraw.org and LCAD, where ldraw.org is a
subgroup from the LCAD community. But that's not important now. :)

I'd rather use this name instead of ldraw.org because it's less
restrictive.

I don't think we should use a term (or a definition) where people can be
included, whether they want to or not.

Maybe just using the term "LCAD" for the group would be sufficient?

  Why not use Lugnet (1) ? We could use it instead of ldraw.org, so we
wouldn't need to have any new organization created (that would solve a
big part of the problem). Of course we would still require a link to
ldraw.org.

Leonardo

(1) If Todd doesn't mind.