 CAD / Development / 5233
RE: Parts license
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:21:13 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:
Should ldraw.org restrict redistributions of the parts library?  Or should
people be able to modify and publish their own versions of the library, as
they see fit?

Have we heard a POV on this from the Jessimans?
The fact that ldraw.org is sometimes hard to reach for some people mean we
should definitely allow mirrors (maybe the mirrors need to have permission?)
Also, I think LCAD programmers should be allowed to modify the parts (like
Leonardo Zide does) to work with their own programs.  Maybe we should
require or request that the programmers make conversion programs (which go
both ways) avaiable.  Links back to ldraw.org should definitely be required,
at least to show respect to JJ.
Just my .02...
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht