  *88378 (-100)
  Re: First Y2K LegoFest

(...) Da parte di Giulio, che è in montagna e non può scrivere su Lugnet: Per me, tutti i suddetti giorni vanno bene (15, 16, 22, 23, escludendo la fine del mese), e candido ufficialmente casa mia come luogo di ritrovo. (potrebbe andare bene anche (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I guess you just have to decide what's worth more to you and also decide if you're willing to gamble. I've waited and scored BIG and I've waited and scored nothing. I've also waited and seen them dwindle ever so slowly with NO price drop. > (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) Maybe it's appropriate for the queen to be wearing black. King Leo's got an awful lot of axes hanging around in precarious positions, and accidents do happen... --Mike (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minimum system requirements for Inventor 1.5

I have the RIS Software on several 486's at school. As mentioned, the Tutorial stuff is real slow. The Drag&Drop programming is OK; the 'flip over' a block is noticeably slower than on a fast machine. NQC and RcxCC work fine. If your kids are about (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New sensors from Pitsco-Dacta

(...) I think the question is how much the sensor does for the money. I have just finished a design for a line tracker sensor, that cost a lot to develop (half a dozen prototypes, and a couple of tiny PCB's), but the cost to build would only be a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I don't know the answer to that, but there is a GMLTCer that might. Her hubby is a Dayton-Hudson exec. I do want to add that there is a certain digit (digging around here will tell you which, I think it's 4) which means that Target isn't going (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I don't know the answer to that, but there is a GMLTCer that might. Her hubby is a Dayton-Hudson exec. I do want to add that there is a certain digit (digging around here will tell you which, I think it's 4) which means that Target isn't going (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Installation of pbForth 1.11 Problems

Last night I tried to install pbForth 1.11 with nqc (2.02). It beeped like it was installed and "4th" was displayed on the screen, but I could not turn it off. I had to take out the batteries to get it to turn off, but by then, the pbForth was gone. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: touch sensors - two at a time ?

(...) The problem you are having, is that the processor is much faster than a human being... The code will allways tend to see one sensor befor the other, because of the processors speed, unless you can hit them together to within a very few mSec. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Advent Calendar Fun is back

(...) <snip> (...) main@appstate.edu (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Heelo World

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and for the nice webs site links too. The Mars Robot site and Mario Ferrari's site are both outstanding! Mario's S6 looks like it's solved a lot of the "walking robot" problems I'm about to encounter. Look's like I'm (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Universal Joints

"RE" == Richard Earley <richard.earley@worl...t.att.net> writes: RE> While building the 8448, I was dissapointed to see universal RE> joints used in the drive for the suspension system. My experiance RE> with these in the past was not the best. The (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) epsiodes (...) all (...) want (...) probably (...) See this message. (URL)Eric K. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

Ray Sanders wrote in message <386A232E.8C1F287E@gate.net>... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) How long did this process take? This also begs the question - how frequently does Target typically drop their prices? I have been to three Target stores in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  4811 Defense Archer!

Well, it's officially on (URL) as 4811! Looks like it comes with the black-moustached soldier, plate armor, kettle helm, quiver... with 2 crossbows mounted on a little thingy that spins on a 4x4 black turntable, and has a Leo's Crest shield mounted (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) holographic (...) going (...) No such luck I'm afraid. The DVD version of the original Trilogy will not be released untill the completion of Episode 3. This new DVD version will be called (tenatively) the Archival Edition. (So goes the rumor (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) I honestly don't think his comment there deserved the harsh reply. Not trying to jump on you, but I just see [his comment] as simple sarcasm used in the context of a flame message alone. I would assume that people here at Lugnet would know we (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: KC Lego Fest - tentative date

(...) I mite not be able to make this, I am still trying to convince my wife that we or I need to go to the Gats Show. Andrew Reynolds (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Universal Joints

While building the 8448, I was dissapointed to see universal joints used in the drive for the suspension system. My experiance with these in the past was not the best. The axel holder end will crack under stress. I am leery to motorize the model (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

(...) Hi Michael, I bought her a motorbike. You seem to be a Technic wizard....which ones of previous years do you recommend (remember my Birthday !!!!) regards Tim (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: AAT & MTT

(...) LOL :( We were looking at the 2000 in-box catalog the other night. Upon spying the centerfold spread, Kristin (my SLSO) asked, "where's the set with the battle droid army?" I just smiled weakly at her. Steve (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

My Mouth Drops!! (...) Mindstorms Now that is Xmas, if i had that, that would be a very good xmas., Never mind i will complete my collection next year. What did you buy the wife for xmas? - Michael Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Default offset for special parts

(...) Try using the fine grid. A good thing to remember is that you usually have to move the piece an even number (2, 4, 6, 8, etc) of times. To place axles, I move the axle so that it interects the hole as close as possible to where it should. Then (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

(...) cylinders (...) cheap. (...) Hi Lawrence, Yes I got Lego for Christmas....all of it....all of the Technic sets available in Toys R us in Zurich. I had just bought Mindstorms 3 months ago and got hooked on Technic so she walked into the shop (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) Hello Kitty is still popular in Japan, and there is a small market here in the US. According to Animerica, the TV show is on Toon Disney. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) I agree with you about the stickers-vs-printing thing, but stickers for the quarter-hulls would have been terrible. Kids would have been very frustrated, because there'd have to be a number of individual stickers for each part. Not that I like (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  RCX "locking up" when trying to use dll

Has anyone experienced the RCX "locking up" when trying to use dll? When I try to download a .lx file with dll, the brick freezes. It won't respond to any buttons and I have to take the batteries out and re-load the firmware. Any ideas why this is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Droideka

I just pre-ordered a Technic Destroyer Droid from Lego! I called the number in the "direct" flyer! (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Can't open serial port in Linux

Check the permissions on /dev/ttyS1. I think the default is for it to be locked down to superuser only. If this is the case, then running nqc from a normal user account would cause the error you got. You'll need read/write rights to /dev/ttyS1 in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Geometry Pages

I am looking for pages that have good representations of brick geometry and their applications. Eric's "LEGO thoughts on my mind" is a good example of what I am looking for. Obviously, however, there are only so many ways to stack two plates on a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) Hmm. Could have been a customer-service problem. Little Timmy's mom calls LEGO Consumer Affairs, reports that little Timmy's RCX doesn't work anymore. Consumer Affairs sends a new one, with a return shipping label so mom can ship back the bad (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How old are you?

Hi all ... I just turned 65 a week ago and have been doing LEGOs for about twenty years ... a whole lot better than the Lincoln Logs that I had as a kid! The day after Christmas my two sons (11 & 12 y.o.) and I went to LEGOLand ... it was great! And (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.robotics)

  Problems with legOS-0.2.2 on Windows 95

Hi, I followed the instructions on (URL) install legOS-0.2.2 on my Windows 95 PC. I downloaded all the files, installed the packages, and modified the makefiles. And was finally ready to compile, the results of the compilation is shown below... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Lawrence Wilkes (<FnI4w7.Any@lugnet.com>) wrote at 12:19:19 (...) I've had mine for a while, but I only got round to building it the other day. It's certainly the best *looking* car that they've done, but it *still* doesn't have (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) Well, I'd comment, but Tony's already said what I would've said (snipped from another recent castle post): (...) I agree that it would be nice to have them in grey AND tan... as a matter of fact I think I'd PREFER grey, but I don't object to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) What you speak of seems to be *very* dependent on the particular store and their philosophy of markdowns. My local WM-sc seems to be of the mind "don't clearance it until we have tried ever other way to sell it. Once we start marking down, do (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: 2000 sets now on-line @ LEGO.com

"JS" == Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> writes: (...) MM> I was checking out the LEGO.com site and noticed that the new 2000 MM> line LEGOs are now listed in the catalog. This includes the MM> Soccer, Town, Technic and Star Wars (I didn't check (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: touch sensors - two at a time ?

(...) It's not a race condition, strictly speaking. It's more of a data sampling error. If you run that it a tight loop you will test the sensors hundreds or thousands of times a second. In order to see a simultaneous press you'd have to hit them at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

(...) The steering rack has two small cogs. One is connected up to the steering wheel. I put the micromotor on the back of the other, and used a plate on top to hold it. I had to remove the grey triangle as it was in the way and use a L piece (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: touch sensors - two at a time ?

(...) If I understand your problem correctly, it has nothing to do with legOS specifically. Therefore, I will answer, even though I have no experience with legOS. The problem is, there is a very small amount of time where, while you're pushing on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 2000 sets now on-line @ LEGO.com

(...) There isn't anything new in the "Advanced" section. Try looking at System or Belville; I saw some new sets in those categories. Jeff (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Pattern #'s

OK, after just getting into this, and finally getting the hang of how part numbers are found, I've hit another snag. I pulled out an old set (circa 92) and found a part that was printed on that wasn't in the parts list. I'd like to "dummy" it up in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I've seen you advocate this, but I have to, to a certain extent, disagree. Suppose you don't buy any, the price doesn't drop, and someone else buys them all? Or worse, it drops, and someone else swoops in and buys them all. Now what do you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.market.theory)

  Michigan STATE is second RATE (was Re: For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.

(...) Yes, MOST Michiganders, being U of M fans (1), find Spartans rather trying. Let's review... MSU got its start enabling folks to study animal husbandry. (2) I, at least, went to a school that got its start enabling folks to study rocks. Much (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

(...) Hi Carl, I tried some time ago, way before the mindstorms, to use read contacts. The magnets of the wagon/engines will close the contact each time they pass. I guess that the RCX can see this as 0 and 1. With this you can, I imagine, count the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Threaded axles.

Hi all! I've recently gotten hold of an 8862, Backhoe Grader, from 1989. This set contains one threaded axle, length 10, and three nuts for said axle. Now, according to several sources (such as (URL) and (URL) a length 4 threaded axle also exists. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere

(...) Yes, *they* are listening :) (...) *sigh* [climbs on small soapbox] The retailers and TLC are cooperative partners in the situation that exists. Each has its own turf and wants to keep it that way. Perhaps Lego product should be thought of as (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  touch sensors - two at a time ?

I'm trying to build a sensor apparatus at the front of my bot, and it works, mostly. It's made up as a pair of touch sensors. The idea being that if one is activated, it turns around slightly, to avoid the sensor, but if both are activated, we (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

(...) Actually, I did make a taginental reference to this once ((URL) I was talking about staging civil war battles (not that far from the Pirate era) and the requirements of troops. Think about staging Gettysburg. Ray (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  sets: 2126 and 3225

Hi, I am wondering whether sets 2126 (Train Cars) and 3225 (Classic Train) are still available in germany? If so, where and how much? I recall that sets are limited editions. Guido (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: sets: 2126 and 3225

(...) I guess you better ask the lugnet.loc.de newsgroup, anyway I saw tons of both two months ago in Frankfurt. Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Racers demo

(...) ha! I think it's safe for me to say that that wasn't it. just funny to me how much it looks like the minifig generator on steroids... I like how their characters move. Anyway, my work was more like product concepts of the plastic kind. ..and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: Question regarding motors

(...) Yes, it is perfectly possible. There shouldn't be a huge difference, but small ones are quite possible, and annoying if using the motors to power a vehicle. James Powell (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  sets: 2126 and 3225

Hi, I am wondering whether sets 2126 (Train Cars) and 3225 (Classic Train) are still available in germany? If so, where? I recall that sets are limited editions. Guido (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Design wanted: Touch sensor for passing trains

(...) hmmm. Why don't they just hide the sensor(s) in trackside terrain, like crossing gates, non-rolling stock, etc? (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

< Cross posted to off.topic.debate > (...) Well, all packages contain what they have in there (i.e. 5.5 oz, etc.) The packages may need downsizing, which I can agree with, but the government taking action against them? What agency should look at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

I also got the 8448 super car, i have been playing around on the motors, where did you mange to put the mircomotor. the steering to to stiff to move the wheels? I mange to power steer the car with the new motors and added a motor for the speed, it (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: I got a defective part!

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:iMt3oFA2Gea4Ewt...n.co.uk... (...) RTL (...) to (...) he (...) they (...) one (...) Turkey! (...) Actually, my reply to the above mentioned message of RTL was starting with, IIRC, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I got a defective part!

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:ucj0MKAPJea4EwN...n.co.uk... (...) occurs (...) He he...We want more colors, then they give us..:-) Selçuk (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

my wife bought me a 8448 supercar. Excellent! I built the gull wing version. Now in the process of customising First I added power steering using a micromotor and a second battery box. There's not enough power though to move the wheels (too much (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Heelo World

Hi Dave, very impressive and very interesting . Please keep us up to date with your project. Mario (...) for a (...) have (...) building (...) individual (...) to (...) arm. (...) at: (...) flexible (...) forward (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I got a defective part!

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Selçuk <teyyareci> (<FnHvJy.HDr@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:57:55 (...) Perhaps TLC *does* see clones like Megablocks as serious competition :-) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I got a defective part!

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Selçuk <teyyareci> (<FnHwD9.Jt8@lugnet.com>) wrote at 09:15:30 (...) Consistency is more important than quality? (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2000 Sets-Prices

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Richard Dee (<MPG.12d33b0a52630e...lugnet.com (...) So did I! If I can find one cheap at some point, I may get it for the sake of completeness, but otherwise I'm quite happy to leave it on the shelf, and not in my useless parts (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Sorting

"MG" == Michael Griffith <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> writes: MG> Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces MG> so that I can find anything? MG> My question to the group: Has anyone found a good set of Tupperware (tm) MG> (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Default offset for special parts

I'm a newbee in creating parts with MLCAD (a fantastic program), i find it very easy to use. It's easy to place bricks, plates, beams and other regular parts using the grid coarse, but when placing axles and other parts in beam holes, i had to swith (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Na, Blaubärte - schöne Weihnachten gehabt?

(...) Genau so war es. Und den Rum ham wir über den Zucker gekippt und dann angezündet. Lecker Feuerzangenbowle. Schon mal ausprobiert vor Sylvester, ob´s auch schmeckt :) (...) Hm, ja nein. Ich hab Lego verschenkt. Bekommen habe ich einen total (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Bulk Legos

"JG" == Jeff Garzik <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> writes: (...) JG> Ebay and other toy auction sites are a good place to check. JG> The Lego store might have them too (forgot URL, just surf around) Additionally, there is something called Lego Direct (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.

(...) Hi Mark- You're most likely to find your mark in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, where this announcement really belongs. (Insert obligatory navigation-related U-M joke here ;) ) best, Lindsay (a Spartan, tried and true) --- Lindsay Frederick (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Bluewater shop has 1807 @ £1.50

This may be old old news, but the Bluewater Lego shop has polybag #1807 (Santa Claus and Sleigh) at £1.50. Chris (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Techno-stuff Proximity Detector

Sto per ordinare a Pete Sevcik un paio dei suoi nuovi sensori di prossimità. In passato ho acquistato altre cose da Pete e ho trovato la qualità dei suoi prodotti assolutamente ineccepibile, e il servizio eccellente. Mi chiedevo se qualcun'altro di (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Divers set 6560 Plus others For Sale !!!

Could you please provide me with a brief info about contents of those boxes? (...) Available (...) Available Thanks, Selçuk sgore@superonline.com (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Post-Xmas sales????

(...) Toy Stack at Bluewater (nr Dartford, Kent) has 2160 Crystal Scavenger (US ONLY ?) at £4.99 Chris (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere

(...) No! No! Never! Don't say that, they could be listening. <shifty looks> (...) This is true of most of the megastores--even more so now that we're below 4% (!!!) unemployment in many states. The Wal-Mart near my home in NJ can't even find (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: 2000 sets now on-line @ LEGO.com

"MM" == MadMax <MadMax_hm@hotmail.com> writes: MM> I was checking out the LEGO.com site and noticed that the new 2000 MM> line LEGOs are now listed in the catalog. This includes the MM> Soccer, Town, Technic and Star Wars (I didn't check others (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8448 ... ho gia' una molla ad aria rotta!

(...) niente! (...) nero (...) sbriciolata e (...) ... Un problema segnalato più volte su LUGNET, pare proprio che il pezzo sia "nato male"a livello di progettazione. (...) :-))))) Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: !

(...) Apparently, others did. The one I was able to dig out of my Netscape History was unbid: (URL) betting the poster skates completely on the listing fee, which for a $350 item would be around $20-$30--another reason to create a "new" alias--but (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Anyone been to TK max sale?

All NW festers and regulars listen up! This maybe old news, but the sets that were spotted in TK max before xmas are now reduced by a further third. My local shop in Ilford had sold out of 5571 trucks, but if anyone has a TK max near them that's (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: aspirante nuovo socio lugnet.it

(...) e' (...) sciagurati (...) Anch'io ho parlato con Wilmer. I suoi temi preferiti sono treni e città: ha un plastico Lego di 10m x 3m, praticamente un miniappartamento! Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Attn Huw

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote in message news:MPG.12d33b5e4c4...net.com... (...) Just need 6096 and 6091/8 now, thanks Huw (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: First Y2K LegoFest

(...) Per me vanno bene: 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 e 30 gennaio. Anche i week-end di febbraio vanno bene, ma visto che Marco è impegnato non mi sembra carino che ci troviamo quando sappiamo già che lui non può venire... Adesso che ci penso meglio, vedo un (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  new Duplo for 2000

I gleaned the following from www.lego.com today, so far, the following duplo sets for 2000 are up, I have included a brief description and some random thoughts.......(feel free to disagree) 2751 - Eggs: These are rather strange, yet interesting, I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: I got a defective part!

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:aPvJIJA$9Na4Ew6...n.co.uk... (...) different (...) Yes, this is weird but not so much as in the case that I faced with in RTL in 1998. Some guy from Australia (note the distance) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I got a defective part!

Timothy Carl Buchheim <tcb@cs.hmcSPAM.edu> wrote in message news:386903DA.3255AE...PAM.edu... (...) year, (...) different (...) These pretty sweet US prices..:-) It has a price tag of 16 000 000 TL (30 USD approx.) in the cheapest toy shop that I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Legoworldshop sold out?

Hi, I just wanted to order some sensors (mainly rotation) from Legoworldshop but found that for all sensors except touch they say "available by 2000" and don't accept any orders currently. What's going on? Just sold out? Or preparing for new type (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SV: Newbie's questions

(...) Hmm, I don't think so. On their website, Lego.de tell explicitly that they don't do any direct shipping and all products are available via retailers (shops) only. Later, Uwe (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Newbie's questions

(...) Yes, I knew them already. I have their printed brochure. However, all I find there are (educational) *sets*, not "bags of parts" as Pitsco is selling ... Later, Uwe (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FS: 1,220 New Red Bricks (eBay leftover)

(...) was: (...) I'll buy it for the price that you asked for ($15.56). Shipping won't be a problem coz i live around the neighborhood (Honolulu). I could pick it up... (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: P.S. :-)

(...) z (...) do (...) pytal, (...) take (...) No to je smula :( Ale mas Lego! ;) Kdyz me moje holka odjela tak jsem se prave vrhnul do lega. Trochu to pomaha stresu a taky mi to trochu zdvihlo naladu. (...) No ted prave ne. Ale moc se do toho (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Sme tu dvaja. (Re: Nejsi tu sam! (Bylo: Re: To som tu sam ?))

(...) To je smula! Ale snad by jsi mohl nekde koupit lego mistne a pak to prodat na ebay. Ja jsem se tady koukal ale nikdy jsem nic nenasel krome jednoho obchodu ktery mel stavebnice z sedesatych let! A neotevrene, zabalene v originachnich (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) As long as most of them don't move, they should drop. If you're tempted to buy a few now, don't. You'll just hold up the price drops, or possibly stop them entirely. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) I could look into that. Just the way I work with my email, its pretty convenient to get the news delivered by it. Often I'll browse Lugnet on the web interface and post replies via email. But if I want a thread to be threaded properly for (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Lego je OK! ;)

(...) ze (...) aj (...) este (...) Ja bych Blacktron II ani neklasifikoval jako Blacktron ale rikam jim B-Tron. Jsou totiz moc podobny M-Tron. Maji taky to velky B na prsou podobny tomu M na M-Tron. Modely jako Blacktron 1 stoji hodne a dalo by se (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Dobrodruznici

(...) Ty sbiras Belville? ;) Je to proste skoda kdyz to takhle pujde dal. 80 leta byly pro lego nejlepsi roky. Ty legovy inzenyri neco uz asi moc dlouho kouri a za ty roky jim zemrely mozkove bunky a ted nemuzou vytvorit nic jineho nez tyhle shit (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: First Y2K LegoFest

(...) Dovete scusarmi ma io sono impegnato dal 1 al 10 d di Febbraio perche' sono alla fiera di Norimberga. A proposito chio volesse venire a fare un giro alla fiera e vedere di persona tutte le novita' Lego del 2000 ... sapete che questa fiera e' (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Sorting

I have reciently aquired several of the Akro-Mils bin type boxes. These are ideal if you are using a bench or some other permanant work surface. They may be viewed at (URL) and (URL) The 2nd pic shows one of the dividers. In all I have 175 of the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  My View of 6479

This will be an informal (maybe not?) review, since I already wrote a long one, but it got erased. Arrgh! And on my first review, too! Background: I bought this Emergency Response Center in LEGOLAND, so the price probably could've been better. It (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Hey, all you prog rockers!

(...) Jot and Jab (dlovelace@whatever.com)? Not much different than my own set-up. I'll wind up changing my sig to have my first name it at soon as I dust off my old lego code, but I'm not planning on changing my posting name. As far as I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Heelo World

David, Great work! Please keep us posted on your progress. - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It was indeed an episode of the Pokemon cartoon that caused a an epidemic of epilepsy attacks among japanese children. What's hilarious / really sad is that one of the the evening news shows in Japan showed a clip from the same cartoon while (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

Skipped 28 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact