 Robotics / 9467
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:39:46 GMT

"MG" == Michael Griffith <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> writes:

MG> Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces
MG> so that I can find anything?

MG> My question to the group: Has anyone found a good set of Tupperware (tm)
MG> or other system that would be useful to sort and store a large
MG> collection of traditional and technic pieces?

A point of eternal debate on lugnet.storage. Actually, it doesn't seem
so lively anymore. Still, I have yet to find the perfect solution. I
currently use a combination of something like the acro-mils storage
boxes, only with different size compartments, and 2 liter
tupperware-like lunch boxes. The storage boxes are great for various
small bits and pieces, which there are lots of in any technic
collection, the lunch boxes are good for bigger pieces, such as big
plates and long technic beams. The medium sized stuff I have in an
8880 and a 8480 box.

The reason this is not perfect is that my collection is still
growing. The biggest compartments in the storage boxes are not large
enough anymore to hold all my technic 1 x 2 bricks, for example. (I
know, easy solution, stop buying lego.) Every once in a while I have
to go out and buy more boxes. Something with flexible compartment size
would be best, I think. It seems that most people glue their
compartment dividers in place, though, if they have such a flexible
system. That would seem to defeat the whole purpose of moveable
dividers...

Regards,

Johannes.
--
POLICE LINE<<<>>>DO NOT CROSS<<>>>POLICE LINE<<<>>>DO NOT CROSS<<>>>POLICE L
DO NOT CROSS<<>>>POLICE LINE<<<>>>DO NOT CROSS<<>>>POLICE LINE<<<>>>DO NOT C

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.