 Robotics / 9438
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:41:57 GMT

I use the plastic tray that came with the RIS to store my parts. One tray holds
all the parts from 2 RIS sets and the Extream Creatures set. I snap together
identical pieces to make them easy to find and store similar pieces in a single
bin. This is how they're sorted:

All plates in a single large bin.
All square solid block in a single large bin.
All beams in a single large bin.
All gears in a single bin.
All bushings in a single small bin.
All connector pegs in a single bin.
All axles and axle connectors in a single bin.
All unusually shaped pieces in a single bin.
All small wheels in a single bin.
Large wheels, worm gears, motors, and wire bricks are stored in the box under
the bin.

Again, the key to making this work is snapping together identical pieces. For
plates, you'll probably want to stagger them as you snap them together. This
makes them easy to seperate.

Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces
so that I can find anything?