 Robotics / 9437
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:33:00 GMT

All the RCX's say 1.0, even the 1.5's. (This is a bit odd, as internally the
circuit boards are _not_ the same, and the 1.0 has an AC adapter jack.)

Primary sorting is easiest with the Lego boxes themselves (at least for the
RIS's). To supplement that, watch for sales on Rubbermaid and
Tupperware-type containers. For the really tiny pieces, fishing tackle boxes
work well. I also use a 20-drawer hardware-sorter-thing for my main Lego
collection that has been invaluable.

If you don't want to go hog wild, I'd suggest the following sorting using,
for example, the RIS box:

-"plain" Lego bricks
-Technic beams and plates
-axles
-studs
-connectors
-gears, racks
-misc. pieces (dragon wings, roof bricks, cylinders)
-tires and wheels
-non-Technic plates

I use the tray compartments originally designed for the RCX, motors, and
sensors to further sort some of the tiny pieces. The RCX in my case is
always in a project, so I don't need that (and if I do it fits on top of one
of the other bins). Several other things (motors, cables) can be stored like
that as well.

--Doug Wilcox

WordSmith Digital Document Services
403 VFW Drive
Rockland, MA 02370

781-871-6162
fax 781-871-6264
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class