 Robotics / 9678
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:45:08 GMT

Lego-Dacta makes some nice storage bins although they aren't the
cheapest solution around.

http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com/
Click on search, type the word storage into the form and hit submit.

or:  (watch for line wrapping:)
http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com/pld5/dir2.icl?SECID=3&SUBSECID=9&ORDERIDENTIFIER=ID946921151921486021

# W779925
Small Red Storage Bin
Dimensions are 15" x 12" x
2-1/2".Comes with a sorting tray.
$5.75

# W779926
X-Small Yellow Storage Bin
Dimensions are 12" x 7-1/2" x
2".Comes with a sorting tray.
$4.25

The sorting trays are not perfect, but work
better than the tackle box I used to use.
The lid snaps on tight enough that the LEGO
won't jump between compartments even when
dropped.

The yellow bins are half the size of the
red ones and stack on top very well.

I've got the following sets sorted into
two red and two yellow bins.

RIS 1.5
8445 Indy Storm
Half of an 8448 Super Street Sensation
Numerous smaller technic kits.

I need at least one more red bin before I
can finish dis-assembling the 8448.

The RCX is not stored in the bins as it either
sits next to my monitor or is built into a
'bot.

--Anton

Michael Griffith wrote:

Christmas was a BOON for my Lego collection with the addition of a DDK
and a RIS1.5 to add to my 1.0 kit.

Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces
so that I can find anything?

My question to the group: Has anyone found a good set of Tupperware (tm)
or other system that would be useful to sort and store a large
collection of traditional and technic pieces?

And a side question: Should my 1.5 RCX actually _say_ 1.5 on the brick?
Mine says 1.0.

Thanks!
Mike

Michael Griffith     Webmaster, KVOA-TV