 Marketplace / Shopping / 1948
Re: Slim Pickings at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:33:08 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

As long as most of them don't move, they should drop.  If you're
tempted to buy a few now, don't.  You'll just hold up the price
drops, or possibly stop them entirely.

I've seen you advocate this, but I have to, to a certain extent,
disagree. Suppose you don't buy any, the price doesn't drop, and someone
else buys them all? Or worse, it drops, and someone else swoops in and
buys them all. Now what do you have?

I advocate buying the number that you want to buy at the price point
they are at, given that price point. In my case, that sometimes is "1 or
2" and sometimes is "all" because the set is worth a certain amount to
me. Certainly factor in future drop potential, but don't ace yourself
out of ANY sets (of a particular type) at a discount by waiting for a
drop. If they drop later, great, swoop in and get a bunch more.

Just my opinion

FUT market.theory, because this strikes me as sort of a "theory of
shopping" question.