 Marketplace / Shopping / 1949
Re: Slim Pickings at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:05:20 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

As long as most of them don't move, they should drop.  If you're
tempted to buy a few now, don't.  You'll just hold up the price
drops, or possibly stop them entirely.

What you speak of seems to be *very* dependent on the particular store
and their philosophy of markdowns. My local WM-sc seems to be of the
mind "don't clearance it until we have tried ever other way to sell it.
Once we start marking down, do it in rapid increments to get it the heck
out of here". Additional markdowns are not affected by how much has
sold, only by *if* there is any remaining stock to be sold. I watched
6332 Command Post Central sequentially drop in price: $48, $42, $36,
$30, $24 & $15 (I took the last two at $15). At each stage they sold one
or two, finally they reached a price that did the deed.

Ray