 Marketplace / Shopping / 1916
1915  |  1917
Subject:
Slim Pickings at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 02:46:37 GMT

<whine>

Hi all,

Is it just here in Detroit, or does Target's post-Christmas clearance
stock seem unusually sparse this year?  I've been trying to buy up Space
Simulation Stations, and across five Targets, I've found exactly
one--wait, amend that, I found one and a third--open box with open
sub-boxes, poorly taped together and obviously incomplete.

On the other hand, I may just have to blame all of the other SE-Michigan
AFOLs for this depressing discovery.  Which one of you did it?  C'mon,
'fess up.  ;)

</whine>

In all seriousness, though, it does seem to be a scant year--though I
did find the Rock Raiders HQ for $48, still a bit rich for me, and
Kohl's does have a 20% off sale on LEGO, including the 2000 sets, going
right now (30% off Star Wars LEGO, and the Y2000 SW sets are still in
line with MSRP).  A few Ninja sets are around, but none of the good ones
that I need.

Perhaps all of the survivalists are stockpiling.  I did run into several
people at one Target with shopping carts full of soda and cereal,
claiming "Y2K" as the reason for buying all of it.  Somehow, if
civilisation collapses, I don't think Boo Berry is going to save the
homestead, and if it doesn't collapse, I predict that cereal will go
stale long before anyone eats it.  Many people, however, will try to
return their stockpiles when/if nothing happens--now *that* could be
pandemonium.

best,

Lindsay (in Michigan again)