 Star Wars / 5183
Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jim Stroot writes:

I've read that Lucasfilm will not be releasing either the original trilogy or
TPM on DVD in the near future. Lucas wants to wait until the next two • epsiodes
are complete and in the can and before releasing a "definitive" version of • all
six films on DVD, or whatever technology replaces the format by that time.

Jim

I guess all I can say to that is I hope you are wrong.  I personally don't • want
to wait 6 years to get these on DVD.  I would also think that Lucas is • probably
missing the boat on this one if what you say is true.  I personally, being a
hugh fan, would more than likely get all the classic movies as soon as they
were available and probably again in some sort of "Box Set" with all 6 movies
whenever they got around to it.

Besides I think DVD prices probably are still going to go down a bit before
they flaten out so I would like Lucas could make a good amount of additional
cash (not that he needs it) if he wanted to.

See this message.
http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=5182

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group