 Star Wars / 5105
Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 23:16:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jim Stroot writes:

I've read that Lucasfilm will not be releasing either the original trilogy or
TPM on DVD in the near future. Lucas wants to wait until the next two epsiodes
are complete and in the can and before releasing a "definitive" version of all
six films on DVD, or whatever technology replaces the format by that time.

Jim

I guess all I can say to that is I hope you are wrong.  I personally don't want
to wait 6 years to get these on DVD.  I would also think that Lucas is probably
missing the boat on this one if what you say is true.  I personally, being a
hugh fan, would more than likely get all the classic movies as soon as they
were available and probably again in some sort of "Box Set" with all 6 movies
whenever they got around to it.

Besides I think DVD prices probably are still going to go down a bit before
they flaten out so I would like Lucas could make a good amount of additional
cash (not that he needs it) if he wanted to.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/