 Star Wars / 5104
Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:47:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Fraser Lovatt writes:
Hi Ron --

According to The Force.Net (http://theforce.net, and they are usually v.
reliable on these things), TPM will be released on video, in both widescreen
and pan & scan, on 4th April 2000.  This date is for the UK and US versions • --
suggested retail in the US is $22.98.

Does anyone know when they are going to get around to releasing any of the
Classic Movies on DVD?  This is killing me.  I have the classic's on VHS and
Laser Disk and I like the VHS because you don't have to get up and flip a disk
but I like the Laser Disk for quality and the ability to search through the
chapters and the clean picture you get when you pause a pic.  Also don't • forget
the ease of capturing a picture on your computer if you have a DVD drive.

Anyway if anyone knows anything about DVD release dates for any of the movies
please let me know.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

I've read that Lucasfilm will not be releasing either the original trilogy or
TPM on DVD in the near future. Lucas wants to wait until the next two epsiodes
are complete and in the can and before releasing a "definitive" version of all
six films on DVD, or whatever technology replaces the format by that time.

Jim