 Star Wars / 5182
Re: Why not wait
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:13:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Ahui Herrera wrote:
Hey Ron this may sound crazy but why not wait!  I waited to buy my 1st star
wars video set (ANH, ESB, RoJ) until they came out together in the • holographic
collectors set.  You know that once all three prequiews are out they are • going
to do this and probably sell a set with a 6 movies as well.

With any luck, Lucas will refrain from any more Special Edition chop jobs...
The soundtrack from TESB, and the suddenly moralized Greedo blaster shot
scene, still make me cringe.

No such luck I'm afraid.  The DVD version of the original Trilogy will not be
released untill the completion of Episode 3.  This new DVD version will be
called (tenatively) the Archival Edition.  (So goes the rumor anyway. I see no
reason to doubt it as there is still much Lucas was unhappy about in the
Trilogy.)

Cheers,
- jsproat

-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity