 Star Wars / 5100
Re: Why not wait
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:29:15 GMT

Nephilim wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Sproat writes:
With any luck, Lucas will refrain from any more Special Edition chop jobs...
The soundtrack from TESB, and the suddenly moralized Greedo blaster shot
scene, still make me cringe.
What do you mean re the soundtrack?

The music continuity is broken in several places, most notably in several
Cloud City scenes.  'Tis a shame, because TESB had the best music of the
three, IMO (though it might be surpassed by Duel of the Fates...)  Also, the
men's choir piece near the end of ROTJ when Luke and Vader are fighting is
broken in one glaring spot.  Totally ruins the mood of the scene for me.

The ending celebration music
in TESB?  I didn't mind that change so much, although it should have
been in a key that matched the ending-credit anthem.

You mean the end of ROTJ?  Yah.  I kinda liked the insipid Ewok music, too.
It felt raw, jubilant, like something old you shout just to celebrate.  And
the cresendo at the end faded real well into the closing-credit credit
anthem.  The new celebration music sounded too...night club-ish.  Processed.
Composed.  Modern.

Completely agreed re the Greedo / Han gunfight.  It just looks
horrible now.  It makes me wince.  I should just get up and
go to the bathroom when that part is coming up.

Personally, I *liked* a Han who would pull the trigger first.  He'd stand a
*much* better chance of surviving a good fight.  This new Han might just let
the Death Star get off the first shot, to be, what, gentlemanly?  Blah.  Let
'im clean the Wookie cage.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."